D6 1A-3A Playoff Picture

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 1A-3A Playoff Picture

Post by knowitall »

Over 220,000 Americans have committed suicide in the past seven months? Come on.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:13 am Yea Konjo cause covid is gonna say **** no one is out and about for 3 months I might as well give up. Lol guess what as soon everyone comes out boom a surge would hit and you'd want to head back inside. Look we should be open try your best to use precaution. I have worked the whole time through this and no one has caught it. Have been going to the gym also since June 1st no cases in my gym either.I'm sry but I like my paychecks and everything I don't want to stay in cause then I get depressed but as long as I shoot myself and it wasn't covid thats ok to you and a lot of people. Depression leading to suicide has killed a lot more than covid but you over look that. Its not going away we have better treatment now yes one death is to many but the death rate is down. If you want to shutdown another 3 months we won't have a country or economy to open back up.
Yes we would. Studies are now showing opening up is actually killing an economy more because for a lot of businesses it actually cost more to staff up and be open right now than it would to just close doors and wait this out. People aren't spending anywhere near the amount they were previously in our economy. Like I said we are trying to play with an ACL tear instead of doing the right thing to heal it. There are countries who hard quarantines for a 2-3 month period and they have next to 0 cases and opened back up to a somewhat strong economy. Everyone likes being out and yes we all like being paid. But we are about to see more and more businesses close in the next 6 months because quite frankly they can't stay open in the situation where much of the US is still seeing record climbing in cases and people just aren't going out to spend. And suicide hasn't killed more than covid, no actual study even shows that number is close. We are heading to over 300k deaths by the end of 2020 probably close to 400k when the full year of covid goes around. Not far off the 500k from the beginning year of the Influenza in the 1920s
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Mask up, head to the storm shelter then.

For the rest of us, if any of you know high school coaches, administrators, officials, players, player's families, etc. we should really make an effort to thank them on an amazing job to get this far through a season. I have heard stories of ADs finding games on Wednesday for Friday and making the logistics work, I have heard stories of a parent renting JLG lifts for their yard which is across the street from the football field so parents could safely watch their children play, I have heard stories of officials learning newer and safer techniques to officiate games safely, I have seen videos of local players/coaches fighting with legislators for the right to play, and so on. High school sports in our area is not for profit. Very few people make any money from it. Most do it for a loss and just to give the kids an opportunity. They have fought through government regulations, increased expenses, decreased funding, roster limitations, travel limitations, practice limitations, and much more. What is think is amazing is how much these communities have worked together and fought for the kids to give them some football. How much, we still don't know yet but they got some. I frankly don't care who made the playoffs this year and who didn't. I don't care if a 1-5 team got in. I don't care if a 5-1 team didn't. Let however the system is set up work out and just enjoy. I know some teams will get a raw deal but some won't and will have an opportunity to play. I haven't heard one story of a coach, official, or player that felt it was unsafe for them to play that was forced into doing so.

My personal opinion was this year maybe it would have been better to play a 10 game local schedule. Have district's then do whatever playoff format they wanted and save the state championships for next year. Sending kids on 3 hour bus rides to play in front of 250 fans seems kind of silly. But hey, at the end of the day I don't really care because I am proud to be from an area that is full of people willing to try and not give up when facing adversity.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

knowitall wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:27 am Over 220,000 Americans have committed suicide in the past seven months? Come on.
Yeah. That's absurd. That would be 5x-6x the normal rate and I do have contact with several local county coroner's offices and none report any spike in suicide rates this year so far.

I am not saying there aren't increased instances of depression, isolation, abuses of various kinds, but that is all speculative right now vs the known dangers of covid.

I also appreciate the irony of conservatives, who rail against the liberal indoctrination activities of public schools, suddenly being the biggest advocates for fully open schools. I guess it's all about the kids! Lol.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

"But hey, at the end of the day I don't really care because I am proud to be from an area that is full of people willing to try and not give up when facing adversity."

Irony being its the exact opposite. Instead of doing something different to try and solve this pandemic problem you instead quit to go back to what felt normal. You actually did give up to try and do whats easy for you, not whats hard now but better for everyone in the long run
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Konjo, quit drinking the koolaid

Sixteen states without mask mandates, numbers there are no different fact
5 democratic governors placed covid pts in nursing homes which account for greater than 50% of all covid deaths - fact
Under 18 death rate, 0% - 0.16%, fact

Could mods delete all covid posts please
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Im not drinking any kool-aid and im happy to put those horrible leaders on blast. I think they should be charged or atleast be forced to resign from their positions.

I travel to Idaho that doesnt have a mask mandate, its numbers are the highest now of the whole pandemic. A state like texas, republican with a mask mandate, is half their highest totals from summer.

Also just look at other countries.

Idaho, a state i do work with, has had over 50k cases and over 500 deaths with a population of 1.78 million.

South Korea had 50% less cases and 50 less deaths during the pandemic with a population of 51 million. South Korea had covid 1st and has done a better job than pretty much any country. Why? Because they hard locked down for 3ish months and didnt force themselves into a normal feeling state because its easy
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:00 pm Konjo, quit drinking the koolaid

Sixteen states without mask mandates, numbers there are no different fact
5 democratic governors placed covid pts in nursing homes which account for greater than 50% of all covid deaths - fact
Under 18 death rate, 0% - 0.16%, fact

Could mods delete all covid posts please
At least the stupid ones like yours.