BG

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: BG

Post by knowitall »

There were two options. No fall sports or take it as it comes.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

knowitall wrote: October 15th, 2020, 6:31 pm There were two options. No fall sports or take it as it comes.
Simply not true. It was the easiest option, but not the only one.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Enlighten us.

MLB and the NFL followed the same plan.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

knowitall wrote: October 15th, 2020, 6:52 pm Enlighten us.

MLB and the NFL followed the same plan.
False. The MLB had a significantly shorter season and bubble a bubble plan. It worked out fairly well and at least everyone knew the plan going in. The NFL has significant testing and tracing protocols. We'll see how that goes as we are seeing disruptions to their schedule too.

I think we should have had winter sports in Jan & Feb, fall in Mar & April, and then spring. Not perfect, but at least everyone would know the plan and could manage their expectations. But thats not my job. It's Lombardi's. He's collecting the checks and providing no valuable service that I can see. He has withered under the heat of a crisis and failed to live up to the demands of his position when times got tough. Leaders aren't paid for the 80% of the time that things are running smoothly. They are paid for the 20% of the time when times are tough.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

You make good points out of the loop. The NFL did propose a bubble plan but the NFLPA rejected it.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Moving fall sports to March and April would have merely been kicking the can further down the road. Lombardi did what the parents wanted him to do. Fall sports are continuing. I see no reason to whine other than for the sake of whining.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

knowitall wrote: October 15th, 2020, 8:05 pm Moving fall sports to March and April would have merely been kicking the can further down the road. Lombardi did what the parents wanted him to do. Fall sports are continuing. I see no reason to whine other than for the sake of whining.
He didn't really do anything at all, although I agree that he did his best to try to do what was most popular. If that is your definition of good leadership, then you probably love the state of our country right now.

You may not like my plan but at least is is something other than doing nothing except deflecting responsibility upward to the governor and downward to the districts. And I nearly overdosed on irony from you complaining about whining on this message board.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Clicked on the thread to see what was up with BG...but mostly just get another political argument. Lots of people on both sides of the isle could have done better..great. Too late now so quit whining about it....

So...on to BG. With the CV game being cancelled if Homer Center doesn’t lose BG will be the 5 seed and no bye. Do we really think district 6 is going to enforce their ule and make BG forfeit out of the playoffs??????