ICC Week 6

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 6

Post by ICCFan »

ICC WEEK 6

Current record 25-5. Two games this week (this is trending upward—not a good sign) and how does this league crown a champion at this point with Tussey Mt, S.Huntingdon, and Bellwood all unbeaten and circumstances looking like none of them may play each other. Mt. Union-Bellwood game is cancelled and B-A could not find an open opponent. SH-Everett also cancelled but Everett is feverishly looking for a Saturday night opponent.

West Branch at Williamsburg – Williamsburg is on a roll and hosts the Warriors tonight at Hollidaysburg. The Blue Pirates have been the pleasant surprise of the season and it’s nice to see the smallest school in the conference being more than competitive. They get a win tonight and roll into the Class “A” playoffs. Williamsburg 26 West Branch 13.

Glendale at Juniata Valley – Glendale hasn’t lived up to the pre-season billing (state ranking by Pa Football news- what were they thinking??) but is competitive and Juniata Valley can’t afford a let down. After an upset loss earlier this season that I’m sure Coach Musser will remind his troops of, the Hornets will buzz. Juniata Valley 30 Glendale 12.

Northern Bedford at Claysburg – OK, OK it’s taken me three weeks but I’ll finally admit it. Claysburg has officially laid down. I’ve never seen a bricktown team do that, but 2020 has seen strange things! Panthers to declaw the Bulldogs. Northern Bedford 52 Claysburg 0.

Mo Valley at Tussey Mountain – Tussey is unbeaten but has not been impressive in going 5-0, struggling with several teams that on paper they looked to be far superior to. This is another one of those situations. If the Titans wake up and play in the first half this could get ugly quick. But will they? Tussey Mountain 40 Mo Valley 6.

?? at Everett – I believe Everett has expired all their options. A Monday night game with Southern Huntingdon was nixed due to a home soccer game. Perhaps that tells you where the priorities are in Bloody Run right now and why the football program is struggling mightily. They are reportedly down to either Saltsburg or anyone who cancels today (don’t be surprised if there aren’t one or two more) for a planned Saturday night home game. Maybe their Soccer team will play them? If they play, I’ll take the question marks over the hapless Warriors. Question Marks 30 Everett Nill.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC Week 6

Post by Manfred »

Unconfirmed that Everett is playing FH next week, unsure of location.
It ain't over until it's over.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

LHAC is not permitting any team to play outside the conference this year....until playoffs
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

"LHAC is not permitting any team to play outside the conference this year....until playoffs"

FALSE AS OF THIS WEEK. The LHAC has changed course. I know for a fact Central Cambria and Bellwood discussed playing with the blessing of the league but could not agree on details. As Manfred alluded to, looks like a possible Everett-Forest Hills matchup next week since their regular opponents are in the playoffs.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

old school wrote: October 16th, 2020, 9:58 am LHAC is not permitting any team to play outside the conference this year....until playoffs
Thank You Head Roadie for helping others find enlightenment.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Manfred wrote: October 16th, 2020, 5:47 pm
old school wrote: October 16th, 2020, 9:58 am LHAC is not permitting any team to play outside the conference this year....until playoffs
Take it easy patting your self on the back , pretty sure that some one had to correct your incorrect statement about the number of seniors on the FH roster.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

youngbuck wrote: October 16th, 2020, 9:34 pm
Manfred wrote: October 16th, 2020, 5:47 pm
Take it easy patting your self on the back , pretty sure that some one had to correct your incorrect statement about the number of seniors on the FH roster.
Right back at you for having to GLOAT at someone else's error. Feel better about yourself much?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Also, the playoffs start next week.