Game of the week #1b

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Game of the week #1b

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Tyrone vs Central

Franco back on the sidelines at a district title game.

Can young Hoenstine stay hot?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Game of the week #1b

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I think one of the big questions in this one is can someone step up in the Tyrone passing game outside of Gripp. Last week Lucas completed 11 passes for 244 with 10-233 going to Gripp. On the season Gripp is the only player on the roster with double digit receptions. On the opposite side the Dragons have 8 different players with double digit receptions. Hoenstine has been super efficient with his 23 TDs to only 2 INTs and while he was shut out in the passing TD column last week by Westmont he was able to rush for 3 TDs including a 73 yarder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Dragons by 2 TD's.
It ain't over until it's over.
LVBigfoot
Junior
Junior

Post by LVBigfoot »

Will this game be live-streamed? If so, through which medium?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I will have the call on the Dragons YouTube channel...

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Tyrone Eagle Eye will also have the game on their YouTube channel. And they have the corner cam that shows the scoreboard during the entire course of the game. Technology we unfortunately are lacking. Lol. They also have a 2 man broadcast so it’s more like ur typical broadcast whereas I’m a lone wolf. Lol

BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

I think Tyrone has the athletes to match Central. The O & D Lines are fairly even on both sides. I think the key will be what unsung hero will step up? We know Tyrone has Gripp and Central has Hoenstine, I feel both teams will try to contain each other's #1 weapon, so who will be the difference maker and step up if Gripp or Hoenstine are contained? I feel the difference maker in this game is Tyrone QB Brandon Lucas. He isn't the best passer but he has enough arm to get it done but he also has the ability to break off big plays with his legs and has shown to rise to the occasion for Tyrone this year. Golden Eagles win a close one, 20-12
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

Can't see Tyrone holding Central to 2 scores. Tyrone's best chance would be to win something like 28-27. Central has scored at least 4 TD's in every game. Tyrone needed late scores to beat both Bald Eagle and Penns Valley, both were handled easily by the Dragons. Gripp will need a Jake Lezzer type performance to keep it close. I'll take Central 27-14.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Hey GoldenEagle...save me some research. When was Tyrones last D6 championship? I know they were last there in 2014, did they win that year?

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

BoStillKnows wrote:I think Tyrone has the athletes to match Central. The O & D Lines are fairly even on both sides. I think the key will be what unsung hero will step up? We know Tyrone has Gripp and Central has Hoenstine, I feel both teams will try to contain each other's #1 weapon, so who will be the difference maker and step up if Gripp or Hoenstine are contained? I feel the difference maker in this game is Tyrone QB Brandon Lucas. He isn't the best passer but he has enough arm to get it done but he also has the ability to break off big plays with his legs and has shown to rise to the occasion for Tyrone this year. Golden Eagles win a close one, 20-12
I think it’s obviously easier to contain a WR based on coverages and such than a QB. Especially a dual threat QB like Hoenstine. I like the 27-14 prediction.