Bishop Carroll cancels football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Prince Sidewinder
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop Carroll cancels football

Post by Prince Sidewinder »

It would be difficult for Carroll and McCort to combine for football. With schools 20 miles apart and BC having players players from the northern part of Cambria County makes it tough.
Prince Sidewinder
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Prince Sidewinder »

Solid source says, Carroll is going to McCort
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think both schools should consider a full on merger anyway. Two catholic schools operating 25 miles away from one another with less than 500 total students seems kind of redundant.

I don’t know if it’s quite as simple as what happened with the creation of Berks Catholic High School a few years back, but if survival is the goal for both, which seems like significant long term problems for both, they should just merge sooner rather than later.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

BM has agreed to a co-op with the condition that the team not participate in the playoffs this season as the co-op makes them a AA school.

CT apparently also agreed to this stipulation when it agreed to co-op with Shade.

This is being reported by the Tribune Democrat
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Is JV ineligible for the playoffs as well?
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

With the CT-Shade merger that means that D5 A is just NBC and Tussey. I'm guessing that will be the end of D5 A football as a stand alone playoff. I wonder if they will be merged with D6 or someone else?
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Colonel Mustard wrote: August 4th, 2021, 9:31 am Is JV ineligible for the playoffs as well?
The article didn’t say. If after merging the two teams Juniata Valley is still classified as single A, I suppose they could still participate in the playoffs.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

knowitall wrote:
Colonel Mustard wrote: August 4th, 2021, 9:31 am Is JV ineligible for the playoffs as well?
The article didn’t say. If after merging the two teams Juniata Valley is still classified as single A, I suppose they could still participate in the playoffs.
This is correct. Since they remained 1A they are still eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Husker, with the mergers will more schools become AA and bring the number higher for Mey, Windber, etc to become A again?

5A could be a fit with 3A.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
MikeFLN
Freshman
Freshman

Post by MikeFLN »

knowitall wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 8:05 pm BM has agreed to a co-op with the condition that the team not participate in the playoffs this season as the co-op makes them a AA school.

CT apparently also agreed to this stipulation when it agreed to co-op with Shade.

This is being reported by the Tribune Democrat
Really? They are scared of playing up to AA schools that has Forest hills with the most boys (193 boys) in it? It is not like they are jumping up to play schools 3-4 times its size in AAAA like Aliquippa is.