Muddy conditions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Muddy conditions

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

In light of our current weather, what are some of the mud bowls you remember?

I remember watching FH BM at the Point in 1997, couldn't even tell who the players were because everyone was brown on the field
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Muddy conditions

Post by 12HankQB »

Berlin / Windber - 2011 was a snow/mud slop fest. As I'm sure most area games were that night. We ended up with a few feet of snow into Saturday.

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/15100/5721 ... 3b5426819c
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Definitely some serious mud bowls at Forest Hills and Central Cambria before turf was installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niEqRzaoy-g&t=1196s
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 9:20 am In light of our current weather, what are some of the mud bowls you remember?

I remember watching FH BM at the Point in 1997, couldn't even tell who the players were because everyone was brown on the field
Maybe 96? You may be right. That was the game Matt Danel, our do-it-all QB/ kicker, got hi-lo'd in the mud, ending his season, and ushering in the frosh QB Poldiak. This was a better over-all team than the one that went to the state final 2 years earlier. A few years ago, in Sidman, the Richland Rams juggernaut with Johnny Rizzo @ RB. Rams had 4th & 1 @ midfield in a monsoon rain. Everyone knew who was getting the ball and where they were going with it. Mano-a-mano. Rangers stopped Rizzo and the Rams!
It ain't over until it's over.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

I officiated a Bellwood and Glendale playoff game, few years ago, that was horrible. While running the sidelines, my cleats almost came off a couple of times as they got stuck in the mud. We showered with out uniforms on until the mud came off us.c
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

That BM/FH game in '96 was a real mudfest. The infield at the Point was still dirt, which quickly turned into a quagmire. Every tackle looked like the players were diving into a pool. FH went up 14-0 before Danel got hurt. The final was FH 14 - BM 13.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Was the 1996 team better than the state final team? I never heard this before?
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I remember 01 Tyrone vs FH in Sidman was pretty muddy. Tyrone fought back in the game but missed game tying extra point with like a minute left.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

I forget what year Johnstown vs Central Cambria. CC was 0-? And Johnstown was undefeated, CC won 6-0. The conditions was the worst I have ever seen. Maybe 100yds total combined.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

A few years ago… NBC at West Branch. The field was unreal. I can’t believe a game was played on it. The ground was all mud with no stabilization anywhere on the field. I can’t even describe it.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches