Pitts Defense

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Pitts Defense

Post by footballfan1 »

Where was it today? Isn't the head coach a defensive guy?? Blown coverages??
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pitts Defense

Post by Colonel Mustard »

There is no way to defend this Pitt loss. Horrible. The said thing about the program is that no Pitt fan is surprised.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Comes with the territory. Have seen this for years. Grown accustomed to it. What surprised me is, Pitt only dropped 4 spots in the Sagarin Rankings. Guess there's still hope.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I remember when Pitt gave up 44 points in losing to Western Michigan several weeks ago, with some questioning Narduzzi as a defensive guy. Anyone questioning PSU's all-everything offensive coordinator from Texas who couldn't get his team to score from the 3 yard line after 7 tries on Saturday?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I'm not nearly as concerned about the offense as I was the defense giving up 357 on the ground. I still don't think Clifford is 100% or at least he certainly doesn't look the same, but they certainly weren't going to put the backup out there. You definitely need to score a few there. This season's shot.

Pitt can control their destiny right now. I think they're going to get screwed though unless by a miracle a win over an undefeated WF team would be enough, but I don't see Wake being undefeated by that point. Who knows. It will be (2) SEC Teams, (1) BIG 10 Champ, and Oklahoma/Cincy/Oregon
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

The only way that the SEC gets 2 in is if Alabama beats UGA in the championship game. I don't see how a 2 loss, non-conference champion Alabama would get in with their biggest wins on the year being Florida and Auburn.

A 2 loss team has never got in. So here is the teams I can still justify having a path to the playoffs:

BIG - Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State
SEC - Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss
Big 12 - Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor
ACC - Pitt, Wake
PAC - Oregon
Other - Cincinnati, Notre Dame

4 of these 16 will make up the playoffs.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I'm shocked ND has only 1 loss. I thought they had 2 for some reason.

Nice breakdown of the likely teams to be considered. I'm guessing that after conference championships, there will be 5 teams fighting for 4 spots...unless Bama beats Georgia like you said.

I bet at least one of the conferences cannibalizes itself (probably PAC but maybe Big 12). I don't think ACC will produce a legitimate contender. Cincinnati probably deserves it over ND but you never know with the committee. They love their blue bloods.