Penn State

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Penn State

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

After 4 games what does everyone think of the Nittany Lions?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Can’t complain with 4-0 and a #4 ranking. Just hope no let up against Indiana with a trip to Iowa looming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

All you can do is win the games you play and they've looked as solid as anybody in the B1G. OSU looks vulnerable so this looks like their best opportunity in many seasons.

Do you think Franklin is seriously considering USC? That would be the biggest ego move since Jimbo ditched FSU for TA&M.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

They are solid with room for improvement. Tough schedule coming up.

Running game is questionable, but the rest of the phases of the game all look stout.

You can only play the next game on your schedule. If you keep winning, rankings take care of themselves.

As for the USC job, why consider that disaster? With recruits on the west coast making decisions, UCLA (Chip Kelly) and Oregon (much better program currently than USC) are much better options.

I would guess Franklin doesn’t mind the rumor mill circulating about him leaving. That gives him some leverage to get more money for him and assistant coaches and facility upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

As of Saturday, Jeff Sagarin has Penn State ranked 12th, dropping from 7th after the Auburn win at home in game three. Another loss by Wisconsin, and a squeaker by Auburn vs Georgia State, didn't help their strength of schedule. Notre Dame is his #5 team with their big win at Camp Randle.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Notre Dame/Wisconsin game was at Soldier Field, not Camp Randall.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I watched the game too. Sorry. Missed the kick-off. Badgers were up 3-0 when I started watching. Good thing for Wisconsin it wasn't at Notre Dame.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

#4 is definitely high, which means we're likely to crash down. I prefer working our way up without such a target on us. I'd think anywhere between 8-12 would be more reasonable.

Can Pitt crack top 25 with a win this weekend or do they need VT too? Pickett has looked real good so far.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

El-Moldo wrote: September 27th, 2021, 7:20 pm As of Saturday, Jeff Sagarin has Penn State ranked 12th, dropping from 7th after the Auburn win at home in game three. Another loss by Wisconsin, and a squeaker by Auburn vs Georgia State, didn't help their strength of schedule. Notre Dame is his #5 team with their big win at Camp Randle.
I’m not too concerned with their SOS, they already played Wisconsin and Auburn. And have Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State as ranked opponents left. 6 games against ranked opponents is more than many teams will have and will be enough to get them in.
Last edited by CCDevil2012 on September 30th, 2021, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Imo if they play to there potential I think they are the best team in the Big Ten. They need to get a run game going or it's gonna look like the Steelers where they know your throwing cause you can't run the ball. Against better teams that will be their downfall.