Conference jumping

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Conference jumping

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I don't like the LHAC adding Tyrone or Central to be honest. Picture making the 1.5 hr trip from Somerset for a Tuesday night basketball game in the middle of winter. Kids would be getting home after mid-night on a school night. I know we only think about football, but I'd imagine it will get old fast for Tyrone and Centrals other sports making hour-plus trips to the Johnstown schools and Somerset on weeknights.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Colonel Mustard wrote:I don't like the LHAC adding Tyrone or Central to be honest. Picture making the 1.5 hr trip from Somerset for a Tuesday night basketball game in the middle of winter. Kids would be getting home after mid-night on a school night. I know we only think about football, but I'd imagine it will get old fast for Tyrone and Centrals other sports making hour-plus trips to the Johnstown schools and Somerset on weeknights.
I’ve made all the trips to the LHAC schools and I can tell you they are better than the hour plus trips to Clearfield, Penns Valley and Bellefonte we were making in the Mountain League. Somerset is actually shorter than both Clearfield and PV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by cleaverstuart »

I see the Heritage staying at 10 schools once Portage becomes a member. None of the West Pac D 6 Schools would be a good fit in football. There might be some type of football only merger with the West Pac but I don't see the Heritage wanting to become a 20 (or more) school conference with 6 schools that don't play football.
LVRams10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LVRams10 »

cleaverstuart wrote: October 15th, 2021, 3:58 pm I see the Heritage staying at 10 schools once Portage becomes a member. None of the West Pac D 6 Schools would be a good fit in football. There might be some type of football only merger with the West Pac but I don't see the Heritage wanting to become a 20 (or more) school conference with 6 schools that don't play football.
Competition-wise the Heritage and West-PAC are basically the same. Logistically, though, wouldn’t be ideal
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

cleaverstuart wrote: October 15th, 2021, 3:58 pm I see the Heritage staying at 10 schools once Portage becomes a member. None of the West Pac D 6 Schools would be a good fit in football. There might be some type of football only merger with the West Pac but I don't see the Heritage wanting to become a 20 (or more) school conference with 6 schools that don't play football.
Yes. I was thinking for football purposes only. No West Shamokin-Salisbury volleyball games.
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by cleaverstuart »

knowitall wrote: October 15th, 2021, 6:04 pm
Yes. I was thinking for football purposes only. No West Shamokin-Salisbury volleyball games.
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by cleaverstuart »

After what I herd tonight a football arangment might be slightly more likely but time will tell.