Central Cambria

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Central Cambria

Post by reugenev »

Heritage is full wit Portage coming in next year!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

reugenev wrote: October 18th, 2021, 7:36 pm Better check your record before you bring up Cambria Heights.

CC is 1-5 the last 6 years against CH, maybe the Westpac or ICC would take the devils?

They would struggle in the Heritage too!
If I do recall, CC handled Heights last year 28-0 and returned 9 players on each side of the ball from that game. Heights didn’t leave the LHAC to have a harder path to the playoffs, unless you think their 8-0 Heritage record makes them as good as Richland, Bedford, and Central or even BG and Chestnut Ridge.

The difference is CC didn’t leave the conference to hang banners in their gym
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Pretty sure the banner will say Heritage Conference Champs!

Maybe you can get one that says “Didn’t leave the LHAC”

Should make a nice shirt too!
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Cambria Heights High School AA 160
Central Cambria High School AA 189

One post you complain CC can't compete, next you belittle CH for leaving, and they are even Smaller than CC

Funny how successful Randy's cross country and track teams are from a school that can't compete.

So let me ask you when do you think it is time to change coaches? How long does a Central Cambria football coach get?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Who wants to coach Central Cambria football? Who wants to coach high school football? It’s not a highly coveted job.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

youngbuck wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:27 pm Cambria Heights High School AA 160

One post you complain CC can't compete, next you belittle CH for leaving, and they are even Smaller than CC

Funny how successful Randy's cross country and track teams are from a school that can't compete.

So let me ask you when do you think it is time to change coaches? How long does a Central Cambria football coach get?
There's a certain leader of young men from the bayou who is going to be free to find a new job next year...as long as you don't mind him messing around with your wives and girlfriends a little bit.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:27 pm Cambria Heights High School AA 160

When did I say they can’t compete? I said it’s hard to go .500 in the LHAC every year, because it is. Hence why Heights left. I’m not belittling them, but when you try saying that CC wouldn’t compete in any of the other conferences when you lost to them before going to an easier conference you can expect a response.

Coaching changes are situational, how many coaches are you going to go through before accepting that maybe it isn’t a coaching problem? Shutty was forced out and went to NC and has had highs and lows, Corrente was given 3 years despite some success and 30 years of experience. Now McGregor.

Old coaches, new coaches, 3 different offenses. What exactly is everyone looking for? A coach to come in and go 5-5 or 6-4 instead of 4-6?

Maybe everyone would feel better if we did everything the same and just changed conferences and called us good.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

reugenev wrote: October 18th, 2021, 9:56 pm Pretty sure the banner will say Heritage Conference Champs!

Maybe you can get one that says “Didn’t leave the LHAC”

Should make a nice shirt too!
Hey, once you guys start hanging Heritage Conference Champs, maybe you’ll be forced to take your talents to the WPIAL too!

Conference banners don’t win you District banners
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:27 pm
Can you provide one example of a high school coaching change that turned the program around?
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Yes, easily
Look at what BC was prior to Craig Sponsky. I belief they had a 30 game losing streak at one point prior to his arrival