4A and 3A State playoffs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: 4A and 3A State playoffs

Post by LeeCorso »

Wrassler are you being serious? Central and Central Valley have been 1/2 in the rankings almost all year. Even Bedford was up there in the top 5 for several weeks. CV won lost year and should’ve won in 2019 but collapsed and gave up 2 tds in the final 5 minutes to lose. Last 3A east champ before that was 2015 Imhotep. Whether it’s Central or CV I’ll take them by 10 points in the title.
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

According to PAFootball/Penn Live rankings, its 1. Central Valley, 2. Wyomissing, 3. Central, 4. NG, which I don't disagree with. I think that any of the 4 could win and if I had to choose East vs. West, I'd go West but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wyomissing wins. Central Valley is the favorite and Central will need to play a clean game tomorrow night to get the win, but they do have the team to get it done. Should be an exciting group of games to watch!

Born Power has Central vs. the remaining 3 teams: (+7 vs. CV), (-2 vs. Wyo), (-15 vs. NG)
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'd lean CV as the favorites as well. They're the defending state champs and have been blowing out just about everyone this year and have a win over Aliquippa on the resume too. The FitzSimmons kid going to Pitt has been virtually unblockable. Their defense is nasty.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

LeeCorso wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:11 am Wrassler are you being serious? Central and Central Valley have been 1/2 in the rankings almost all year. Even Bedford was up there in the top 5 for several weeks. CV won lost year and should’ve won in 2019 but collapsed and gave up 2 tds in the final 5 minutes to lose. Last 3A east champ before that was 2015 Imhotep. Whether it’s Central or CV I’ll take them by 10 points in the title.
I wouldn't discount Wyomissing, they're really good.

I think AAA is the best bracket remaining because all four teams could do it IMO.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah Wyomissing is legit. No doubt we will have to play a near perfect game to pull the upset Friday night. One thing is for sure we will travel and the kids will have the support of the community no matter the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I look for it to be CV vs Wyomissing. NG is a good team but I think Wyomissing beats them by at least 2 tds. Unfortunately I think Central gets what most d6 teams get when they get to this point the wrath of the WPIAL. Hope I'm wrong I just don't see Central pulling this one out.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

LeeCorso wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:11 am Wrassler are you being serious? Central and Central Valley have been 1/2 in the rankings almost all year. Even Bedford was up there in the top 5 for several weeks. CV won lost year and should’ve won in 2019 but collapsed and gave up 2 tds in the final 5 minutes to lose. Last 3A east champ before that was 2015 Imhotep. Whether it’s Central or CV I’ll take them by 10 points in the title.
Yes i am
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
OldD6er
Freshman
Freshman

Post by OldD6er »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 2:36 pm I look for it to be CV vs Wyomissing. NG is a good team but I think Wyomissing beats them by at least 2 tds. Unfortunately I think Central gets what most d6 teams get when they get to this point the wrath of the WPIAL. Hope I'm wrong I just don't see Central pulling this one out.
I definitely agree. I moved to the Pittsburgh area for work quite a few years ago now and have seen a ton of WPIAL football and they just have teams and athletes week in and week out that D6 schools unfortunately just don’t see. I will be rooting for central but I just don’t see it being close. Hopefully I’m wrong!
MikeFLN
Freshman
Freshman

Post by MikeFLN »

Manfred wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 1:16 pm Someone is worried about Ali, but continue to let privates play down. Makes no sense.
If they were a private school. you would have no issue with them being forced up to AAAA with the success they have been having.

I say this as a person who thinks it is not just stupid, but dangerous to have them up at AAAA despite the fact they won WPIAL and is contending for State Title. To move them even higher to 5A would be criminal in my opinion.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

MikeFLN wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:47 am
Manfred wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 1:16 pm Someone is worried about Ali, but continue to let privates play down. Makes no sense.
If they were a private school. you would have no issue with them being forced up to AAAA with the success they have been having.

I say this as a person who thinks it is not just stupid, but dangerous to have them up at AAAA despite the fact they won WPIAL and is contending for State Title. To move them even higher to 5A would be criminal in my opinion.
Vaild point mike
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable