UPDATE ON ICC

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

UPDATE ON ICC

Post by Rumorman78 »

Just wondering if anyone has heard any new info. on who might be joining the ICC next year ? Tonight I talked to the AD (won't say what school) at a home basketball game. I did get a few tidbits ,but it was like getting water out of a rock. He said 4 new schools have been accepted for all sports, and that another group were offered just to be accepted for football only. That 2nd group did not give them an answer on whether to accept that proposal, but were going to wait and see what other conferences are to do before giving the ICC an answer.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: UPDATE ON ICC

Post by davesandstorm »

Well if it were true, I'd figure obvious choices for full time sports would be Bald Eagle Area, Huntingdon, Penns Valley, and Phillipsburg. How they would split the conference for sports would be the next question. South has 7, North has 6 right now. Would Williamsburg go south and then the other 3 play in the north? Do they split by school size?
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

davesandstorm wrote: January 6th, 2022, 8:10 am Well if it were true, I'd figure obvious choices for full time sports would be Bald Eagle Area, Huntingdon, Penns Valley, and Phillipsburg. How they would split the conference for sports would be the next question. South has 7, North has 6 right now. Would Williamsburg go south and then the other 3 play in the north? Do they split by school size?
As far as football Williamsburg doesn’t have a team anymore. They entered a Co-op with Juniata Valley
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

guru1 wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:02 am
davesandstorm wrote: January 6th, 2022, 8:10 am Well if it were true, I'd figure obvious choices for full time sports would be Bald Eagle Area, Huntingdon, Penns Valley, and Phillipsburg. How they would split the conference for sports would be the next question. South has 7, North has 6 right now. Would Williamsburg go south and then the other 3 play in the north? Do they split by school size?
As far as football Williamsburg doesn’t have a team anymore. They entered a Co-op with Juniata Valley
I'm aware of this, but you still have to figure out how to split the conference for the other sports. Is it going to be Williamsburg moving south in other sports to make it 9 North, 8 South? Does Mount Union move south?

Football will almost have to be split differently since some members don't play football. Is this where the potential teams mentioned as football only (from what I assume is the ashes of the WestPac maybe??) come in to build a South division with southern teams?

All speculation now, but still fun to think about.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Fake News--Either Rumorman did not talk to a league AD or if he did he was fed a line of total BS regarding any additions to the all-sports conference. There is a chance the league could expand down the road in football only.