Could the ICC and WEST PAC have made it work?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Could the ICC and WEST PAC have made it work?

Post by Rumorman78 »

In my opinion the big reason the ICC would not accept the West Pac teams is because of 4 member schools in the South Division. They are Southern Fulton, Fannett-Metal, McConnellsburg, and Forbes Road, These 4 schools have no football programs. If these 4 schools had not been part of ICC, it would had made it much easier to work out a solution to merge with the West Pac. The current south division of the ICC has Tussey Mt., Southern Hunt. , Claysburg,Everett, and NBC. Geographically, it would a great fit for some of the schools. South division,would have the above teams while adding Berlin, C.T., Myersdale. North Star. The North would be Bellwood, Curwensville, Glendale, J.V., M.V, Mount Union West Branch, C.V. and Windber. Total 9teams each division, could use 10th date to schedule a rival, or use it to crown a champ in a north vs south game. Distance wise I did some google map times to travel . For the majority of the schedule C.V. and Windber average distance is 45 min. to 90 except for M.U. which is longer. In the south the only trip that would be about 90 min would be to S.H. I realize this won't happen, but it's fun to speculate.
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Could the ICC and WEST PAC have made it work?

Post by ICCFan »

First, understand that the ICC while being a football league for a long long time was an all-sports league merger of two predecessors. The Juniata Valley League and the Sideling Hill League. So the 4 schools mentioned not being a part of it was never an option nor would it ever become one. From what I've gathered in hearing things from a few people from a few schools in the south your opinion is completely wrong. I will agree with you that this potential setup would've been interesting though for sure. I believe the biggest issue was the feeling among the majority of the ICC schools that a Superconference was not desirable or manageable for more than 18-20 teams. The ICC currently has 17. There was apparently significant interest in Conemaugh Valley and Windber but some of the others fall a little further outside of the ICC footprint and Windber chose to stick with the Somerset group. CV obviously did not choose that as they have opted for the Heritage. It should also be noted that the 4 south division schools mentioned already play Westpac competition in many sports like soccer, basketball and baseball&softball so there is a familiarity there and they are fellow District 5 members. The Northern division schools were probably more skeptical about the new members due to a lack of familiarity with them and there programs as they rarely if ever compete or deal with them.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The WestPAC has seven schools that do not play football.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rumorman78 »

There was also a third league that was joined, which was to old Bedford County League.
BroadTopBilly
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BroadTopBilly »

The Bedford County league folded purdy much b4 the icc was formed. Bedfort went to the LHAC, Ridge ended up there and Hyndman became independent. the other half of the old BCL was Tussey, Everett and NBC and all three were sidling hill members with the 4 others. those sidling hill schools made up the original south of the icc and then Southern huntington came in a few years ago and Claysburg this year when curvewensville joined the north.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Rumorman78 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 7:05 pm There was also a third league that was joined, which was to old Bedford County League.
Minus ridge and bedford
"I'm your huckleberry"
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

BroadTopBilly wrote:The Bedford County league folded purdy much b4 the icc was formed. Bedfort went to the LHAC, Ridge ended up there and Hyndman became independent. the other half of the old BCL was Tussey, Everett and NBC and all three were sidling hill members with the 4 others. those sidling hill schools made up the original south of the icc and then Southern huntington came in a few years ago and Claysburg this year when curvewensville joined the north.
Hyndman was part of the Sideling Hill League until the became a charter school. They didn’t go independent while they were a public school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk