Every school in District 5 and 6 (football)

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Every school in District 5 and 6 (football)

Post by knowitall »

I do.

I expected North Star and Windber to join them in the Heritage. I wonder if they were offered spots or if the Heritage was happy to get a 12th team and didn’t extend an offer to them. CT can now apply to join D6 much like West Shamokin did.

How do the six West PAC teams schedule their 2022 football seasons? The easiest thing to do would be to just schedule each other twice.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: April 28th, 2022, 3:23 pm Depends how they plan to do it. Will it be split 10 and 10, 9 games against your section and one crossover game at the end? I guess that makes the most sense, though it doesn't diversify the schedule much...So maybe like three sections of 7, 7, and 6 would be an option too, I guess?

(Different story for a different day, but with the 22 team basketball league, they could probably do like 4 sections, and have a mini conference tournament at the end, which would be cool.)

If the plan is 10 and 10 the way I see it is, there are 20 teams from 7 different counties. So the West would be Cambria (7 teams), Somerset (1), and Bedford (2) counties....

CAMBRIA
Bishop McCort
Central Cambria
Penn Cambria
Forest Hills
Johnstown
Richland
Westmont

SOMERSET
Somerset

BEDFORD

Bedford
Chestnut Ridge

And then the East would be Blair (4), Centre (4), Clearfield (1), and Huntingdon (1)...
BLAIR
Tyrone
Bishop Guilfoyle
Bellwood-Antis
Central

HUNTINGDON
Huntingdon

CLEARFIELD
Clearfield* (D9)

CENTRE
Bald Eagle
Bellefonte
Philipsburg-Osceola
Penns Valley
That is a pretty solid alignment.
"I'm your huckleberry"
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

The 10-10 LHAC split is definitely a good alignment, but you have to feel sorry for Central who left the Mountain League for the tougher competition/better travel conditions only to be thrown essentially right back into the same league with the merger.

As for the ICC alignment, North/South probably makes the best sense for travel purposes. It's a shame the league is going to end up with an uneven number of teams in football. Filling that extra game every week is going to be even tougher with the other 2 conferences being an even number of teams and not needing OOC games to fill their schedules.