LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

Post by Rumorman78 »

Just read article in Altoona Mirror about the Divisions for LHAC Sports. I read the article 3 times and I'm still not sure if I understand how this is going to work. I guess it will work, seems some old rivalries will be renewed
IToldYouSo
Freshman
Freshman

Re: LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

Post by IToldYouSo »

Not a fun of the week #10 match up. Unless I'm wrong, two teams could play each other three times in a season. Regular season game, week #10 and in the district playoffs.
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

It's basically the old MAC Conference from the early-mid 2000s is the East and the old LHAC is the West, so East plays East (Old MAC) and West plays West (Old LHAC) with crossover games East vs West (Old MAC vs Old LHAC). TBH it's a perfect format to keep playing traditional games, renew old rivalries, and test the waters against new opponents. I think it's a win win for all.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

BoStillKnows wrote: May 17th, 2022, 12:16 pm It's basically the old MAC Conference from the early-mid 2000s is the East and the old LHAC is the West, so East plays East (Old MAC) and West plays West (Old LHAC) with crossover games East vs West (Old MAC vs Old LHAC). TBH it's a perfect format to keep playing traditional games, renew old rivalries, and test the waters against new opponents. I think it's a win win for all.
I think it will be interesting atleast on the Bellwood fan side. If there not undefeated every year when does the let's get out of here start.? They were in the MAC for I think 4 years then left. But I like it Tyrone will play the same old teams pretty much. Then add in a couple teams from the west. Hope the 1st year we get FH on the schedule miss those old Tyrone vs FH games.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

So, if I understand this correctly, Bellwood's schedule will include games every year with Central, BG, Clearfield, and Tyrone and the other East teams plus a crossover with a West School, possibly Richland or Bedford! That will definitely be an upgrade!
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

Bellwood will play Tyrone, Central, BG, and Huntingdon every year and 3 games from Clearfield, PO, PV, BEA, and Bellefonte. Then 3 crossover games from the current LHAC. Will be quite a difference for them for sure. I hope they are competitive.
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:48 pm
BoStillKnows wrote: May 17th, 2022, 12:16 pm It's basically the old MAC Conference from the early-mid 2000s is the East and the old LHAC is the West, so East plays East (Old MAC) and West plays West (Old LHAC) with crossover games East vs West (Old MAC vs Old LHAC). TBH it's a perfect format to keep playing traditional games, renew old rivalries, and test the waters against new opponents. I think it's a win win for all.
I think it will be interesting atleast on the Bellwood fan side. If there not undefeated every year when does the let's get out of here start.? They were in the MAC for I think 4 years then left. But I like it Tyrone will play the same old teams pretty much. Then add in a couple teams from the west. Hope the 1st year we get FH on the schedule miss those old Tyrone vs FH games.
Bellwood-Antis fans and community just need to ride the wave and not hit the panic button. Will there be growing pains? Absolutely. Will there be years they finish below .500 and/or miss playoffs? Most likely. But if the Blue Devils EVER want to win another D6 Championship this is the path to take, because it will only make them better in the long run. You get absolutely NOTHING out of beating the West Branch's and Claysburg's 56-0 every single week.....
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

BoStillKnows wrote: May 18th, 2022, 9:04 am
Goldeneagles12 wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:48 pm
Bellwood-Antis fans and community just need to ride the wave and not hit the panic button. Will there be growing pains? Absolutely. Will there be years they finish below .500 and/or miss playoffs? Most likely. But if the Blue Devils EVER want to win another D6 Championship this is the path to take, because it will only make them better in the long run. You get absolutely NOTHING out of beating the West Branch's and Claysburg's 56-0 every single week.....
Yep. It was either 06 or 07 they were in the MAC lost 4 games in the regular season. But that competition helped them win d6 and give eventual state champ Southern Columbia the closest game they had that year.
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

I believe Bellwood will be very competitive in football. They are never easily eliminated from the playoffs. But I don't see the rest of their sports dominating ICC opponents the same way. Their other sports have ups and downs like every other small school. How will a couple 2 win seasons in wrestling or baseball fit into their plans. I do agree they will be looking to get out after several years. Next few years will be interesting for sure all around.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Can someone list the section Huntingdon would be in, please? Just curious if their schedule even changes much.