Rank these 4

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Rank these 4

Post by CCDevil2012 »

CoffinCorner wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:23 pm Agree that they need another weapon at Richland

I think that playoff time BG will be a tough out.

Other than Ccfanboy, Bedford seems to be the top team. After playing the early schedule they have had. It is hard to focus high school kids when they have not had any competition so far.
Who has Bedford beat to be considered the top team?
CC, FH, Westmont, Somerset, or McCort? At least PC has some big wins in Central and BG.

Have you seen Bedford play in person to make your assessment? Just looked one dimensional to me. Could be wrong, but my early prediction would be 28-14 PC
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:46 pm
CCDevil2012 wrote: September 24th, 2022, 11:37 am
EnzoLigoniere wrote: September 24th, 2022, 9:44 am Is it too early to say coaching hire has done little to improve CC.
1 senior lineman, 1 junior, 4 sophs who fill the rest, a 1st year starting QB, and they’re competing each week. 13-0 at half against a good bedford team. I think he’s been doing a good job, of course this is in response to Enzo who thinks Tomlin should go.
20 point loses are not considered competing. But hey they whipped Johnstown and still have Somerset and Mccort on the schedule. So hey 3 wins and close loses to FH and Westmont, with 6 20 point loses. Maybe they could go to the Heritage.
Well for starters, they were picked to finish last in the Laurel Highlands. They don’t play forest hills so not sure how they lost a close one to them. They lost by 2 points to a Westmont team who benefitted from refs calling back a touchdown and late interception on bogus penalties.

29-25 at half against Chestnut Ridge is competing, down 28-14 against Penn Cambria in the 3rd quarter is competing, down 13-0 at half against the supposed best team in the conference is competing. This team was picked to finish behind Somerset who lost 61-8 to Bedford….

Any coach who is coaching their kids up is doing a good job, a young team picked to go 0-10 goes 3-7, and should/could be 4-6 in a very talented conference and you’re saying there’s been no improvement…
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CC does not play FH this year. FH scrimmaged them @ CC and dominated the scrimmage. So gauge both teams accordingly. FH should've beaten Richland but for lightning delay and w/o Lewis, and inability in the red zone kept them from beating Bedford. IMO, throw a blanket over the top 5 then pick. Any of them could beat any of the others on any given night. Nobody want to take the lead on ranking their QB's, RB's?
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I don't feel good at all ranking Central ahead of Richland despite the big win at Central. Just don't think smallish schools like these can lose their best player without some drop-off. I expected them to be down anyway after all the good players that have graduated the last few years. Tough stretch later, so I guess we will see. Again, its fun that there is actually some debate, and so many teams involved.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Manfred wrote: September 26th, 2022, 7:42 am CC does not play FH this year. FH scrimmaged them @ CC and dominated the scrimmage. So gauge both teams accordingly. FH should've beaten Richland but for lightning delay and w/o Lewis, and inability in the red zone kept them from beating Bedford. IMO, throw a blanket over the top 5 then pick. Any of them could beat any of the others on any given night. Nobody want to take the lead on ranking their QB's, RB's?
I will agree that FH looked like the better team in the scrimmage, but I wouldn’t say dominated, I think it was 3 scores to 2 in varsity time and 2 of forest hills were against JV corners who were getting reps and haven’t played a varsity down this year since. CC also ran a scripted offense, nothing situational. Anyways,

Maybe they can play a bowl game this year and we’ll find out? Would be a fun game to watch!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

As for ranking QB/RB

For QB I’d go
Hoenstine
Harrold
Kiesewetter
Wyhsong
Penna
Ressler

RB I’d go
Weber
Maybe Smith and Grove,
Then a pretty even split rest of the way
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CCDevil2012 wrote: September 26th, 2022, 9:14 am As for ranking QB/RB

For QB I’d go
Hoenstine
Harrold
Kiesewetter
Wyhsong
Penna
Ressler

RB I’d go
Weber
Maybe Smith and Grove,
Then a pretty even split rest of the way
Good choices. As to your other reply, what would we call it, the Backyard brawl, the New Germany Bowl, or ?
It ain't over until it's over.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Hoenstine over Harold? Both have strong arms, but Harold is a beast running the ball.

Harold
17 -21 231 2 tds
114 rushing and tds

Hoenstine
20 - 35 290 4 yds
25 yds rushing

Harold got the W
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

CoffinCorner wrote: September 26th, 2022, 10:00 pm Hoenstine over Harold? Both have strong arms, but Harold is a beast running the ball.

Harold
17 -21 231 2 tds
114 rushing and tds

Hoenstine
20 - 35 290 4 yds
25 yds rushing

Harold got the W
Hoenstine has over 2,000 more passing yards in his career and didn’t even play QB as a freshman
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Harold was third team all state. And he can juggle.

I agree Hoenstine will go down as one of the highest stat players in D6.

But I think this season I would rather have Harold as my qb.