Heritage Conference

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
alanfinley814
Freshman
Freshman

Heritage Conference

Post by alanfinley814 »

Thoughts on CV in the Heritage Conf for football? Is the current coaching staff equipped to handle the move?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Heritage Conference

Post by knowitall »

CV has 31 players on its roster this year. Five are seniors. Five are freshmen.

I see trouble looming. The head coach's kid has seen playing time as a freshmen in college. 15 carries for 111 yards and one reception for 19 yards. I doubt he'll stick around much longer. A co-op with Johnstown might be in its future.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

knowitall wrote: September 21st, 2022, 9:10 am CV has 31 players on its roster this year. Five are seniors. Five are freshmen.

I see trouble looming. The head coach's kid has seen playing time as a freshmen in college. 15 carries for 111 yards and one reception for 19 yards. I doubt he'll stick around much longer. A co-op with Johnstown might be in its future.
I could see a co-op with Central Cambria because of proximity instead of Johnstown if anyone co-ops with Johnstown I'd see Ferndale
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Ferndale and CV are already co-oping for football. CV is already co-oping with Johnstown for soccer.

Conemaugh Valley high school is 5.2 miles away from Greater Johnstown high school. CVHS is 14.7 miles from Central Cambria High School. Many kids who live in the CV district live closer to Greater Johnstown High School than they even do to Conemaugh Valley High School.
alanfinley814
Freshman
Freshman

Post by alanfinley814 »

knowitall wrote: September 21st, 2022, 9:10 am CV has 31 players on its roster this year. Five are seniors. Five are freshmen.

Rumor is CV may be getting lights. I’d imagine they’d try to hold on for dear life.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

When FH got their turf field several years ago, and new LED lights, it was rumored at the time that CV was going to get those old lights. I have no follow-up on if it happened or not.
It ain't over until it's over.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rumorman78 »

I hope I am wrong , but the future of H.S. football is on tin ice with the smaller schools in the surrounding counties.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

It is well past the expiration date for some of these schools. Would rather see co-ops develop. Good for schools like Blacklick and United to find a way to make it work.

Someone out there might know this, but I was told that as CC refused to co op with BC when they were approached that the PIAA will not allow them to co op with a different school.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Give me an example of where a public and private schools co-opted. And worked.
It ain't over until it's over.
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

Football

Johnstown Christian and Shade
Johnstown Christian and CT

I think BC and Portage co opted for wrestling as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk