Steelers

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I don't know if its on the players or the system or both, but Cleveland's WRs seemed to be open and Pittsburgh's seemed to be covered. The run game looks better or at least as good with the rookie free agent than with the 1st round pick. That's not good. Defense hasn't sniffed a sack since Watt got hurt. So much for Cam Heyward comparing himself to Aaron Donald.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Not a Steeler fan but with this stuff I try to be impartial. The defense relies on TJ Watt to much that when he's not there it's not very good. It always seems to me Tomlin lives in the moment and doesn't think of the future. Yes they got Pickett this year but truly should have traded up for a better qb selection like 4 years ago.
Capnweird
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Capnweird »

"Bye bye Tomlin" --- Not sure where you think he is going, or why you think he needs to go anywhere. Noone who follows the Steelers would truly see a change coming there, don't forget Noll had a bunch of losing seasons after the guys from the 70's were gone and they still never said bye bye to him. After one game or even an entire season of losing the Steelers are not going to move on from a guy that quickly, especially a guy with the track record that he has. He set the record for greatest start to a coaching career.
Don't give me the crap about Cowher's players because if you credit the players for his wins then you have to credit the players for the losses too.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

The Steelers fan base isn't the Pirate fan base that is satisfied with wins, Pittsburgh Steeler fans want superbowl rings. They lucked into a playoff spot last year, unlikely to sniff one this year. You heard this first from Enzo, Hines Ward is one of the hottest names on the coaching block. You think the Rodney's did t notice that he interviewed for the Texans job.
The other name is Sean Payton. He wants back in. You don't think he wouldn't like a moldable qb like Kenny Pickett
Capnweird
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Capnweird »

I said it before, I'll say it again, they put up with some very long years with Noll, and Cowher did not make the playoffs every year either. You're right the fan base wants championships, but ownership will not make a move anytime soon. Hines Ward needs to develop as a coordinator first then perhaps he will get some real cred as a head coaching candidate.
The Rooneys will not move on from Tomlin even if they go 1-16 this year, they just won't. Not to mention many people still credit him for having a winning season with Duck and Rudolph, I know he had nothing to do with those wins and it was all the ghost of Cowher, but the team still won games with two guys that most people think can't even spell football.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 2:08 pm The Steelers fan base isn't the Pirate fan base that is satisfied with wins, Pittsburgh Steeler fans want superbowl rings. They lucked into a playoff spot last year, unlikely to sniff one this year. You heard this first from Enzo, Hines Ward is one of the hottest names on the coaching block. You think the Rodney's did t notice that he interviewed for the Texans job.
The other name is Sean Payton. He wants back in. You don't think he wouldn't like a moldable qb like Kenny Pickett
Sean Payton? Lol! He won as many Super Bowls as Mike Tomlin. With Drew Brees.

Hines Ward might warrant a call for an offensive coordinator position. Might.
Capnweird
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Capnweird »

The no super bowls in so long argument loses me when you look at Cowher's stats. His team earned the 11th pick when they drafted Ben, that means they were pretty bad that year, and he had not won a super bowl at that point to hang his hat on. Yet, nobody, and I mean nobody was calling for his job even though the people suggesting Sean Patton would have made the same argument for Bill Parcells at that time.
The Steelers do not make coaching changes like other teams do, if you want them to then prepare to be disappointed.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Tomlin isnt going anywhere anytime soon. Nor should he. If you look at the actual talent the team has had over the last 4ish years he has led teams that just arent good to winning seasons and playoff seasons. He is a born leader and will be the steelers coach as long as he wants to be.
wainzoid
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wainzoid »

Is this the same Tomlin, who last year when they wore masks on the sideline, wore his with the Steeler logo upside down at several games?
Asking for a friend.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 2:08 pm The Steelers fan base isn't the Pirate fan base that is satisfied with wins, Pittsburgh Steeler fans want superbowl rings. They lucked into a playoff spot last year, unlikely to sniff one this year. You heard this first from Enzo, Hines Ward is one of the hottest names on the coaching block. You think the Rodney's did t notice that he interviewed for the Texans job.
You’re saying you looked at the Steelers team last year, particularly the O-Line and said to yourself, “now that, is a super bowl caliber team!”? I mean seriously, no one had them winning the super bowl except delusional fans, yet he needs fired because he didn’t take a .500 quality team to the super bowl.