Steelers

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Capnweird
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Steelers

Post by Capnweird »

Sean Payton is retired and still under contract to the Saints until 2024. If some team is able to persuade him out of retirement they will need to buy out his contract, or trade for his rights.

Brian Flores was a HC in the league already, what makes you think that he would be willing to remain a DC when there are other teams out there who need a HC?

Don't forget Belichick had a QB who took team friendly contracts to allow others to get paid and stay during their dynastic years.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

I do agree with Enzo, that the Matt Canada offense needs an upgrade!! I don't know if it is his system or the quarterback, but something has to change!!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Capnweird wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:49 pm
Brian Flores was a HC in the league already, what makes you think that he would be willing to remain a DC when there are other teams out there who need a HC?
After the shenanigans in Miami, Flores was lucky to be employed in the NFL
Capnweird
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Capnweird »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: September 28th, 2022, 8:40 pm
Capnweird wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:49 pm
After the shenanigans in Miami, Flores was lucky to be employed in the NFL

Shenanigans in Miami? The guy was run out of town by an owner who was trying to bring in the very guy you are promoting to Pittsburgh. Miami wanted to bring in Sean Payton and Tom Brady, this has been proven, and he was the fall guy to make way for such a move. He ran an organization that wanted to lose and still found ways to win games and then they fired him for no reason. There is a reason his lawsuit hasn't been thrown out yet, it has enough merit to be heard. If he was making everything up his case would have been dropped already. I'm not saying he is right about everything he is saying, but to say he was up to shenanigans is a ridiculous statement.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Flores was one of the hottest coaching candidates when he took the Miami job, the ONLY offer he had was LB coach in Pittsburgh. I didn't mean he was up to shenigans, but are you going to pretend that he is not black balled by the NFL owners? He was not even getting the Rooney rule interviews after he went public with what the owner wanted him to do. I don't think will ever have the opportunity to head coach again in the NFL. Which is a shame because he could have done very well.
Capnweird
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Capnweird »

No, I'm not pretending that he isn't being blackballed by the owners. But, I do remember that there were multiple reports that he had other offers from other owners this off season, so my expectation is that once the dust from Miami settles I think he will be able to get another shot. An owner who wants to win is always going to be willing to take a chance on a guy regardless of his past, look at all the guys who have been given second chances because they were overly talented. I think Flores is that kind of talented and will be able to get another HC shot.
I also think Miami did him dirty by firing him so late when most key jobs were already filled, I expect him to get several ubgrade job offers this off season already.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Solid two week stretch for the Steelers.
Probably should have done more to solidify offensive line.
Defense is a disaster and now post-game Comments from Tomlin about staff changes.
There is always next year
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

There is always COLLEGE football.
It ain't over until it's over.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: October 10th, 2022, 9:27 am Solid two week stretch for the Steelers.
Probably should have done more to solidify offensive line.
Defense is a disaster and now post-game Comments from Tomlin about staff changes.
There is always next year
Defense was on the field way too much to be effective against a good offensive team like the Bills. Can’t go 3 and out every offensive series and expect the D to hold
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The Steelers had a 36:08 - 23:52 edge in time of possession and produced more first downs in the game actually.

The problem with the defense wasn't being on the field too long, it was that they weren't on the field long enough. Buffalo averaged 10 yards per play, which is insane and not in any way sustainable. They were giving up scores way too easily.