Could I get an explanation?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Could I get an explanation?

Post by Wrasslerfan »

12HankQB wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:05 pm Track at Shippensburg makes a lot of sense, but football could conflict. Center of the state would be Lewiston/Mifflin, but I’m certain those aren’t the facilities you want. CV isn’t a bad location. Basketball is always at Hershey and that’s fine. I more care about the catering to SCA.
Would Mansion Park be out of the question?
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Wrasslerfan wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:07 pm
EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 20th, 2022, 3:54 pm How is Southern Columbia allowed to stay at AA?
7 straight trips to the finals?
are you forgetting at one time they were single a just curious
They were A whenever there were only 4 classes. Won multiple state titles then too. Doesn’t have anything to do with this though. They’ve been to the last 7, winning 6 mostly by blowouts.

Mansion Park is too far west in my opinion. Just as far West as CV is East
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

12HankQB wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:05 pm Track at Shippensburg makes a lot of sense, but football could conflict. Center of the state would be Lewiston/Mifflin, but I’m certain those aren’t the facilities you want. CV isn’t a bad location. Basketball is always at Hershey and that’s fine. I more care about the catering to SCA.
State College would be closer to a central location. Aaronsburg is the geographical center of the state. Hell, move them back to Mansion Park. Fairly close to center. More equitable than anywhere around Harrisburg unless there is one heluva lot of political collusion going on.
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Manfred wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:32 pm
State College would be closer to a central location. Aaronsburg is the geographical center of the state. Hell, move them back to Mansion Park. Fairly close to center. More equitable than anywhere around Harrisburg unless there is one heluva lot of political collusion going on.
Beaver Stadium is the spot for sure, but like I said, Mansion Mark is the same problem just west instead of east. Anywhere along the turnpike and 80, between 99 and 81 isn’t a terrible location.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Harrisburg is our state capital. It makes perfect sense to play the state championships at the best available facility near the state capital.
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

Mansion park's field is nice. The rest of the facility is very outdated. Locker rooms are small and the press boxes both need redone. The parking situation is bad.

Agreed that Beaver Stadium would be awesome, but the cost was too high. Another concern is that no matter how big the fan bases are, they are going to look pathetic in a stadium that size.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Didn’t State College High just redo their entire stadium?
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Wrasslerfan wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:00 pm
Goldeneagles12 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 4:08 pm The PIAA loves the eastern teams. They showed that bias when they moved the title games like 10 min away from Hershey instead of centrally locating them. Also money in attorneys helps too.
actually its 36 min and 24 miles between Cumberland Valley and Hersheypark Stadium and if they centrally located it in lets say the western part wouldnt the eastern teams complain about western favortism
As this post started with SCA it is 2hrs and 2min from catawissa where they reside to Altoona. For Central Valley it is 2hrs and 20 min to Altoona. Now to Cumberland Valley for SCA it's 1hr 35 min. For CV it's 3hrs 26min. Pretty big difference. So most of the WPIAL teams travel times will be pretty similar to Central Valleys. While some eastern schools have shorter than SCA. If it isn't bias then I'm wrong. I just think it should be centrally located.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Could I get an explanation?

Post by HSD6FAN »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:
Wrasslerfan wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:00 pm
Goldeneagles12 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 4:08 pm The PIAA loves the eastern teams. They showed that bias when they moved the title games like 10 min away from Hershey instead of centrally locating them. Also money in attorneys helps too.
actually its 36 min and 24 miles between Cumberland Valley and Hersheypark Stadium and if they centrally located it in lets say the western part wouldnt the eastern teams complain about western favortism
As this post started with SCA it is 2hrs and 2min from catawissa where they reside to Altoona. For Central Valley it is 2hrs and 20 min to Altoona. Now to Cumberland Valley for SCA it's 1hr 35 min. For CV it's 3hrs 26min. Pretty big difference. So most of the WPIAL teams travel times will be pretty similar to Central Valleys. While some eastern schools have shorter than SCA. If it isn't bias then I'm wrong. I just think it should be centrally located.
I’m fairly certain that Altoona submitted a proposal to host the finals at Mansion Park. Several other places have that option as well. PIAA chose to host at Cumberland Valley.

Centre County is the center of the state (obviously). Beaver Stadium is too big and wouldn’t be a great high school atmosphere. State College redid their facility, but I’m sure parking would be a nightmare (probably worse than Mansion Park).

I like the finals in Cumberland Valley or Mansion Park. Someone will always be slightly closer. There is enough seating to hold everyone, but not excessive seating to lose the atmosphere. Plus, turf will hold up for six games compared to natural grass.

As for Southern Columbia, I believe they were originally slated to move to 3A, but filed an appeal and won. They seem to be able to manipulate the rules just enough to not actually be forced to move up over transfers and other factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

HSD6FAN wrote:
Goldeneagles12 wrote:
Wrasslerfan wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:00 pm actually its 36 min and 24 miles between Cumberland Valley and Hersheypark Stadium and if they centrally located it in lets say the western part wouldnt the eastern teams complain about western favortism
I’m fairly certain that Altoona submitted a proposal to host the finals at Mansion Park. Several other places have that option as well. PIAA chose to host at Cumberland Valley.

Centre County is the center of the state (obviously). Beaver Stadium is too big and wouldn’t be a great high school atmosphere. State College redid their facility, but I’m sure parking would be a nightmare (probably worse than Mansion Park).

I like the finals in Cumberland Valley or Mansion Park. Someone will always be slightly closer. There is enough seating to hold everyone, but not excessive seating to lose the atmosphere. Plus, turf will hold up for six games compared to natural grass.

As for Southern Columbia, I believe they were originally slated to move to 3A, but filed an appeal and won. They seem to be able to manipulate the rules just enough to not actually be forced to move up over transfers and other factors.

Here’s the article from their appeal in 2020.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020/01 ... utType=amp