D6 Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

D6 Football

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

With the losses of Central and State College D6s football season is over. Had a lot of good teams from the area this year. Hell if BG didn't get bumped up they would probably still be playing. With that being said does anyone have some insight looking into next year or the next couple of years of a team from D6 that could make a run at a state title?
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 Football

Post by CoffinCorner »

Richland with McCracken and most of their offense line back is going to be solid. Bailey will have them ready.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

History would tell us that no D6 team is going to make a deep run at a title anytime soon, Particularly with BGU moving to 2A, and with some big names graduating this year. With the expanded conferences, I am more interested in seeing how the conference titles shake out.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Bedford and Central have been in the last 3 state semifinal games in AAA with Central having both of their games down to the wire. State College was undefeated in the semis and lost to a team they beat in the regular season. Homer made the finals a few years back. I think we will see a d5 or d6 state finalist again very soon maybe next year.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Which coaching staffs are good enough to win out side of their conference might be a better question.
Richland, BG, Bedford, Central are examples of solid coaching making good kids into very good teams.
Kids are going to graduate, reloading and not rebuilding does not happen everywhere.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I feel like if Walk can keep improving this coming year Tyrone has plenty of skill kids to make a run. And I'd say coach Franco is good enough to win deep in the playoffs. And also Richland, BG, Bedford, and Central could make a run anytime.
D6dood
Freshman
Freshman

Post by D6dood »

Chiming in late, but BG kids this year have been working extremely hard in off season and definitely should not be discounted. Team workouts starting in next week, and as long as they can nail down skills, so far this is the most collectively strong team Wheeler’s ever coached, with 5-6 kids benching over 300lbs. Weights don’t lie. I’ve been on fence regarding the season but after seeing their performance at recent Combine and their annual lift a thon, feeling pretty positive.
D6dood
Freshman
Freshman

Post by D6dood »

BG should absolutely not be discounted this year. They had a strong performance at Combine last week and annual team lift a thon. This is collectively the strongest group of kids Wheeler has ever coached and as long as they are able to nail down their skills when team workouts begin, they will be a force this season. I was on the fence until I witnessed 5 of the kids benching over 300lbs like it was nothing, and several others in high 200s. Weights don’t lie. These boys have been working hard in off season. Wheeler is a great coach with an equally great staff. They will have them ready, no doubt in my mind.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

D6dood wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:03 am BG should absolutely not be discounted this year. They had a strong performance at Combine last week and annual team lift a thon. This is collectively the strongest group of kids Wheeler has ever coached and as long as they are able to nail down their skills when team workouts begin, they will be a force this season. I was on the fence until I witnessed 5 of the kids benching over 300lbs like it was nothing, and several others in high 200s. Weights don’t lie. These boys have been working hard in off season. Wheeler is a great coach with an equally great staff. They will have them ready, no doubt in my mind.

Just because the kids are strong doesn’t mean they will be good. There are plenty of people in the area that can lift more then nfl players, doesn’t mean a hill of beans though. How’s their technique, are they fast also? Can they remember the blocking assignments? The list goes on. Strength of a kid is not really a measuring block for a good football player.