Is it time for a change at Ridge?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net

Is it time for a coaching change at Chestnut Ridge?

Poll ended at November 24th, 2007, 9:21 am

YES
64%
NO
36%

Total votes: 22

AmusedObserver
Sophomore
Sophomore

Is it time for a change at Ridge?

Post by AmusedObserver »

I attended the Chestnut Ridge vs Bishop McCort game last night. As circumstances would dictate I ended up sitting among the Ridge "faithful".

Before I go into the matter of the fans' opinion of the coaching I would like to say that, in my opinion, the final score of the game was in no way indicative of the talent put on the field by Ridge. There were several players that stood out. I did not have a program and did not get their names but the four Ridge players that stood out the most to me were #77, #23, #34, and #55. As a matter of fact, I was told by the Ridge fans that #23 was their starting quarterback as a sophomore and should have been for the last two years but for reasons the Ridge fans do not agree with he "has been hidden at the tight end position" since.

This was the only time I saw Ridge play this year and is probably not enough to form a good opinion. However, I will say that after two offensive series it became somewhat easy to predict the play calling. I do know that it was the opinion of the Ridge fans around me that the game did not end up the way it did because of the talent on the field. Rather, it was their opinion that the outcome of the game was the result of the lack of talent on the sideline, i.e., the head coach.

What does everyone think?
Last edited by AmusedObserver on November 15th, 2007, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything looks easy from where you're sitting!
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Re: Is it time for a change at Ridge?

Post by Coach »

Watching the news...they battled early and had it at 15-15. I think McCort is very good so losing to them isn't too bad.

#23 is a very good TE and DLman. I think the kid playing quarterback now is pretty good as well. Both kids were good but maybe having 23 at the TE position gave them their best 11 on the field.

CR's coaching staff has produced win after win. The playoffs have been tough because they always seem to be a lower seed getting matched up with Tyrone and McCort each of the last two years. The year prior to that they were a higher seed, but had a really good P-O team (I think).

They beat Bellwood for the first time in a long time.
2 straight wins over Bedford (after none before).

From my perspective Ridge has been pretty good for 4 or 5 straight years.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

The career.
No playoff wins.
Sub .500 record against AA teams.
Sub .500 record against A and AA teams with a winning record.
The success, if you call it that, was/is a result of the best elementary football program in the area and a group of great athletes, not coaching. Its a shame for those great athletes that a change didn't occur a long time ago.
Athens/Cat
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Athens/Cat »

Coach,

Ridge's coaching staff producing win after win?? It's a shame to see the attidude that mediocrity is acceptable in any program. But you can clearly see that here in this case. Don't make excuses about being paired up against top teams. And the one time they were a higher seed they lost to Marion Center who was not a good football team.
D6 Sports Network - Innovative High School Sports Media and Broadcasting
http://d6sportsnetwork.com/
Follow @D6SN on Twitter ;)
CRSOCCR
Junior
Junior

Post by CRSOCCR »

When the coach first came to CR they did not win a game in two years, and now they have winning records every year. They have made the playoffs for the last four or five years, and which has provided for great fan turnout at their games. Until that these things change I can't see changing the coaching staff. Remember the grass is always greener. I was also at the CR VS BM game. They played very tough against the best passing offense in the area, sometimes it is just not your night.
AmusedObserver
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by AmusedObserver »

CRSOCCR wrote:When the coach first came to CR they did not win a game in two years, and now they have winning records every year. They have made the playoffs for the last four or five years, and which has provided for great fan turnout at their games. Until that these things change I can't see changing the coaching staff. Remember the grass is always greener. I was also at the CR VS BM game. They played very tough against the best passing offense in the area, sometimes it is just not your night.

CRSOCCR,

The first two years they played in the LHAC against teams of similar size (AA) and didn't win. After that they played in a conference that consisted primarily of smaller schools (A) and won. In the playoffs against schools of similar size (AA) they are 0-5. Do you consider that acceptable?
Everything looks easy from where you're sitting!
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

I'm a CR graduate that moved out of the area. I'm not satisfied with medocrity. Its more than just wins and losses.
CRSOCCR
Junior
Junior

Post by CRSOCCR »

You have some good points amused, and I don't know the details of the coach and players. What I am looking at is winning records and chances to play in the playoffs every year. There are a lot of other local schools that can not say the same, such as Somerset,Richland, Everett, Central and Bedford. There are probably people from these schools that would like to have a track record like CR's. It may not be perfect, but take what you can get.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

Bedford would like to have a track record like Ridge?!? When did you start following football, the 10th game of the 2006 season? As bad as Bedford was this year, I'll take their record over the last several decades over Ridge any day. But thanks for the laugh.
CRSOCCR
Junior
Junior

Post by CRSOCCR »

lol! I threw that in just to see a response.