Eastern half of the brackets for A and AA

Hardwood chatter
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Eastern half of the brackets for A and AA

Post by HSD6FAN »

Just a little bit of information. Found this on the Hilda Goodling Impact Academy website. Here is a list of their basketball player roster for the 2014-15 season. Wonder why "A" teams can't compete in the state tournament? If you look at their schedule, it's amazing to see the teams they played against. Maybe if the school would have focused more on ACADEMICS instead of basketball travel, the school could have stayed open a little longer!

Player Name Pos. Class HT Home Town Previous HS

Daquise Andrews G Post-Grad 6-3 New York, NY Thomas Jefferson HS
Stephaun Adams PG Post-Grad 6-3 Virgin Islands
Caesar DeJesus G Senior 6-2 Teaneck, NJ Teaneck HS
Angel Flores C Post-Grad 7-3 Reading, PA Muhlenberg HS
Malik Harris F Post-Grad 6-8 Washington, D.C. Flowers HS
Miko Jenkins* F Post-Grad 6-8 Steelton, PA Lincoln HS (Brooklyn)
Jason Kuntzelmann G Post-Grad 6-1 Mt. Calvary, PA Mount Calvary HS
Timmy Thompson PG Post-Grad 5-10 Largo, MD Largo HS
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:A CLASS A ALL STAR TEAM FROM DISTRICTS 5 and 6 would lose to MCS by double digits.
Altoona area beat Williamsport and if MCS lost to Williamsport I would say they will not win the state title. Just putting some facts on the table.

Altoona is not a top notch team and would not have even won the district in A.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

You mean that's why Deion Sanders' Primetime Prep charter" didn't work out lol.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

D6sports101 wrote:
WPIAL~Titan wrote:A CLASS A ALL STAR TEAM FROM DISTRICTS 5 and 6 would lose to MCS by double digits.
Altoona area beat Williamsport and if MCS lost to Williamsport I would say they will not win the state title. Just putting some facts on the table.

Altoona is not a top notch team and would not have even won the district in A.

Well, maybe an all star team in both districts could beat them, but let's be realistic, Math Civics & Science is probably 25-0 if they played in District Six.
GAU11
Freshman
Freshman

Post by GAU11 »

MCS also beat two Virginia 6A schools, including a back to back state semifinalist.

On Impact, how are they allowed to have post-grads? That's like letting the Kiski School or a community college in.
overthetop
Freshman
Freshman

Post by overthetop »

HSD6FAN wrote:Just a little bit of information. Found this on the Hilda Goodling Impact Academy website. Here is a list of their basketball player roster for the 2014-15 season. Wonder why "A" teams can't compete in the state tournament? If you look at their schedule, it's amazing to see the teams they played against. Maybe if the school would have focused more on ACADEMICS instead of basketball travel, the school could have stayed open a little longer!

Player Name Pos. Class HT Home Town Previous HS

Daquise Andrews G Post-Grad 6-3 New York, NY Thomas Jefferson HS
Stephaun Adams PG Post-Grad 6-3 Virgin Islands
Caesar DeJesus G Senior 6-2 Teaneck, NJ Teaneck HS
Angel Flores C Post-Grad 7-3 Reading, PA Muhlenberg HS
Malik Harris F Post-Grad 6-8 Washington, D.C. Flowers HS
Miko Jenkins* F Post-Grad 6-8 Steelton, PA Lincoln HS (Brooklyn)
Jason Kuntzelmann G Post-Grad 6-1 Mt. Calvary, PA Mount Calvary HS
Timmy Thompson PG Post-Grad 5-10 Largo, MD Largo HS
That was their "prep" roster. Their high school team was a different group, though they had a couple players from outside the area. Mostly it was guys who played for New Hope last year before their charter was revoked.

How a new school that didn't even have the finances to last through a single year manages to assemble a team of postgrads from around the northeast, I have no idea.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

My apologies for the incorrect information. I misinterpreted the "prep" roster. I was just on the school's website and was browsing under the athletics category. I was just assuming that was their roster for this year's high school team.

It still amazes me that a school that couldn't stay afloat manages to pull players from so many different areas.