Eastern half of the brackets for A and AA

Hardwood chatter
Sidewalk
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Sidewalk »

Are these district 12 teams any good? The eastern half of the brackets look terrible.There are multiple teams under .500. Is St. John Neumann pretty good as a district 4 team or do they play a weak schedule. There are so many teams I've never heard of or seen in the brackets before. Then in AA, the records look even worse. Records don't matter if these teams are playing an AAA and AAAA schedule.
Sidewalk
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Eastern half of the brackets for A and AA

Post by Sidewalk »

You can find the brackets here

http://piaa.org/news/details.aspx?ID=3247
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

If you mean boys basketball, an 11-13 Math,Civics&Science is probably the top team in class A in the entire state. They would be 25-0 with ease if they played in D5 or D6. They have the 3 star Watkins kid going to Penn State.

An 8 loss Constitution team is up there as well, I'm sure they are pretty good. They won AA last year. It's a public school, but it's an "all city" public so they can get any kid within Philadelphia's 3 million population not just a specific neighborhood like some of their other schools.

They aren't unbeatable, but I would be surprised if either one wasn't in Hershey.
voncap
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by voncap »

If you are talking about boys, the D12 A teams are for real. No disrespect to any other team, but Constitution and MCS are possibly the two best A teams in the state. Constitution just lost the Philly public League Championship by 2 to AAA Imhotep.

Have not heard much about the AA teams, but it looks like AA Catholic League Champ Conwell Egan is the better of the AA teams.
The easiest thing to do in sports is hustle.
basketballguy
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by basketballguy »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:If you mean boys basketball, an 11-13 Math,Civics&Science is probably the top team in class A in the entire state. They would be 25-0 with ease if they played in D5 or D6. They have the 3 star Watkins kid going to Penn State.

An 8 loss Constitution team is up there as well, I'm sure they are pretty good. They won AA last year. It's a public school, but it's an "all city" public so they can get any kid within Philadelphia's 3 million population not just a specific neighborhood like some of their other schools.

They aren't unbeatable, but I would be surprised if either one wasn't in Hershey.
11-13 but those kids are probably focused on their math, civics, and science.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Hah, the name of the school has long drawn some jokes like that. MCS is 11-13, but let's examine the 13 losses...

-- Abraham Lincoln of Brooklyn, 5th ranked team in New York

-- St. Benedict's Prep of New Jersey, national power and 2nd ranked team in Jersey.

-- Martin Luther King twice, AAAA Public City Champs in Philly.

-- Williamsport, AAAA team.

-- Pennsbury, 23 win AAAA team from District 1.

-- Imhotep Charter twice, top public school team from Philly in AAA.

The other five losses are to quality teams as well, but those are the notable ones. That's an insane schedule, I could really see MCS winning a state title with a 16-13 overall record.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

A CLASS A ALL STAR TEAM FROM DISTRICTS 5 and 6 would lose to MCS by double digits.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
voncap
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by voncap »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:A CLASS A ALL STAR TEAM FROM DISTRICTS 5 and 6 would lose to MCS by double digits.
Since MCS is an all star team from Philly that would be expected.

MCS and Constitution played in a division with the Philly Public League's top three seeded AAA teams and the top seeded AAAA team. MCS finished 2-8 in the division, but Constitution won the division with a 9-1 record.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

District 3 Champion in "A" Impact Academy is out of the tournament. Apparently they won District 3 late last week and shut their doors today....what a way for a school to go out!

This is pretty clear evidence how ridiculous some of these "pop-up" Single-A Basketball powerhouses really are.

All other teams move up one spot for PIAA tournament bracketing and Shanksville now get Lancaster County Christian. Not sure how they were "selected" as the #4 team other than they were the highest seed that lost in the QF's. If I'm Greenwood, who lost to Impact Academy in the QF's, I think I would be upset that I weren't the new #4 selection.
voncap
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by voncap »

I bet Halifax is happy over these happenings.

They go from having to travel to South Philly to play the top ranked class A team in the state to getting a team with a losing record and get to host in their home district. Talk about a big turn of events.