Hinton

Hardwood chatter
reddevil26
Freshman
Freshman

Hinton

Post by reddevil26 »

Is the Hinton kid even close to being as good as people say? I mean his scoring is superb but that's it.. There isn't another aspect of his game that's anything special. It's a wonder that he's going to be play division 2 basketball when his game is so... Limited. Lazy as can be on defense and hardly tries for any rebounds or steals.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Hinton

Post by theprophet »

I've seen him play twice this year once against BC and last night against CC. I think there is a reason he is a early commit with a full ride. CC double and triple teamed him all night and he had 33. I guess I would ask what players from CC plays defense????? Can't wait to see BC handle CC tonight.
country39
Freshman
Freshman

Post by country39 »

I think youre missing his point. hes saying that his offensive game is great, however nothing else is. Which isn't a d2 quality plyer
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

Guilfoyle wouldn't need 3-4 guys to guard him but do have 3-4 guys who could guard him. So if they want to win D6 A they need more than Hinton. look for his numbers to fade come playoff time.
west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by west33 »

Saw him in aau ball and agree with the first guys post. He can score, but when he played good teams and defensive players, he disappears. It is who you know and one of his coaches played at upj and has a lot of pull. Decent for this area, can score, but nothing else. But anyways,more power to him being a local kid getting a chance to play college ball.
BigAl331
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BigAl331 »

The kid has averaged at least 10 rebounds since he was a sophomore and you say his game is limited. Also I don't believe a player can be "lazy" and average 30 points
Coachclipboard
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Coachclipboard »

EDITED
Last edited by Coachclipboard on December 30th, 2015, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coachclipboard
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Coachclipboard »

I can tell you as his coach that he does what is asked of him.  No player draws as much attention from double, triple teams, and the other teams best defender as he does.  Ray also is 218 rebounds away from 1,000 rebounds for his career.  He is only 6'1.
2[sup]nd[/sup] College basketball coaches get paid to educate and win games.  If they don’t do so they get replaced and lose the salary to support their families so believe me when I tell you college coaches don’t throw around $150,000 - $200,000 in scholarship money as a favor.  Anyone who thinks so is outside of their minds.  
3rd Ray had several offers and a lot of interest from multiple D1 and D2 schools and not 1, let me repeat not 1 every seen him play a high school basketball game.  They only seen him dominate top level competition in AAU settings outside of this area.  That is a fact!!!

4th  Before you judge what type of player he is make a list of the players in this are who received a full athletic basketball scholarship within the last 10 years D2 or D1.  Then think about all the players who have played during that time.  I think you will see Ray Hinton is in rare air.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

BigAl331 wrote:The kid has averaged at least 10 rebounds since he was a sophomore and you say his game is limited. Also I don't believe a player can be "lazy" and average 30 points
You absolutely can be a lazy player while averaging a decent amount of points per game.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Just watch game film of any game, and isolate watching any 1 player- girl or boy- and you can certainly see which ones are lazy or not. It's not rocket science.
It ain't over until it's over.