Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Scores 1/18-1/23

Post by Manfred »

jayhawk23 wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:BOYS

Richland 71 Bishop Guilfoyle 60
Wow that makes D6 class A more interesting see how Homer beat Richland by 5 and Saltsburg played Homer tuff losing by 6 or does it make Homer the clear favorite ton win the district ?
Whoa, Kimosabe.  That's why they play the games.  Anything can happen on any given night.  I excuse your enthusiasm.
It ain't over until it's over.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

jayhawk23 wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:BOYS

Richland 71 Bishop Guilfoyle 60
Wow that makes D6 class A more interesting see how Homer beat Richland by 5 and Saltsburg played Homer tuff losing by 6 or does it make Homer the clear favorite ton win the district ?
I wasn't at the game, but I'm assuming Guilfoyle was at least within striking distance for most of the game.  Maybe it makes Homer a slight favorite in district 6, but Guilfoyle and Carroll will be there.  Saltsburg and Ferndale aren't terrible teams either...
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

Joe Bivitz wrote:Girls:

Bellwood-Antis 63
Juniata Valley AAU 38

Swogger scores 37 as Lady Devils avenge a 3 point loss from earlier in the season. JV needs to get back out on the recruiting trail.
Bellwood back in the AA conversation?  JV out of the A conversation?  Never thought either team would win by that much...
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

Regarding the Richland/BG game, BG was up 3 at the half and played the worst 3rd qtr I've seen from them this season and was down 8 I think going in to the 4th. They pulled within 1 twice midway through the 4th and lost Richland's best 3 point shooter who both times hit shots to put them back up 4. It was a 4 point game with 2 minutes to go and then BG starting trapping/fouling and the lead grew quickly. Richland was great from the foul line (saw in the Altoona Mirror this morning they were 19-22 I believe) and they held their lead. Interesting development for BG is that one of their starters (sophomore forward Scaromozina-I'm sure that is spelled wrong) was on crutches and the rumors in the stands was that he might be done for the season. He supposedly hurt it on Saturday. The games I've seen he has played well for them so that will hurt them going forward.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

D6 A playoffs will come down to a few things. 1st is seeding. The trick is not to run into one of the stronger schools to early. Homer center will be the 1 but could face a BG or BC early because those teams will take losses playing in a tougher conference giving them the lower seeds. 2nd talent plays a huge role. If you look at the NBA finals usually the team with the best player is in the mix come finals time. BC and Ferndale probably have the best 2 players in D6A which makes them very dangerous. 3rd is coaching. We know BC and BG have been there before and their coaches have won D6 titles. None of the other top schools have that type of experience. 4th and final is inside play. Playoff time in basketball is like playoff time in football the team how can run usually wins in basketball the team who can throw the ball inside to get a bucket usually has an advantage as well. Homer Center and Ferndale probably have the better post play out of the top teams. Here is my rankings this is not me saying who is the best but rankings as of wins and losses compared to this last week.

#1 Homer Center
#2 Ferndale
#3 BG
#4 Saltsburg
#5 BC
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Girls

Tyrone 61
Central 47
You play to win the game!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Boys

Bellwood 62
Penns Valley 54
You play to win the game!!!
jaxcar
Junior
Junior

Post by jaxcar »

theprophet wrote:D6 A playoffs will come down to a few things.  1st is seeding.  The trick is not to run into one of the stronger schools to early.  Homer center will be the 1 but could face a BG or BC early because those teams will take losses playing in a tougher conference giving them the lower seeds.  2nd talent plays a huge role.  If you look at the NBA finals usually the team with the best player is in the mix come finals time.  BC and Ferndale probably have the best 2 players in D6A which makes them very dangerous.  3rd is coaching.  We know BC and BG have been there before and their coaches have won D6 titles.  None of the other top schools have that type of experience.  4th and final is inside play.  Playoff time in basketball is like playoff time in football the team how can run usually wins in basketball the team who can throw the ball inside to get a bucket usually has an advantage as well.  Homer Center and Ferndale probably have the better post play out of the top teams.  Here is my rankings this is not me saying who is the best but rankings as of wins and losses compared to this last week.

#1 Homer Center
#2 Ferndale
#3 BG
#4 Saltsburg
#5 BC
I agree with this post 100% except for one thing...Homer Centers Head coach has over 400 career victories, at least one D6 title, also multiple trips to the playoffs and appearances in district title games.  So I would have to include Homer in the statement you made "We know BC and BG have been there before and their coaches have won D6 titles.  None of the other top schools have that type of experience".  Not saying that this makes Homer the clear favorite in A but their Head Coach and coaching staff have this type of experience as well.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Always interesting games with H-C involved. Any Renaldo "Tiny" Lovisa's on the Wildcat roster this year? LOL
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

BOYS

Westmont 71
Bishop Guilfoyle 68