D6 Seeds announced....

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: D6 Seeds announced....

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Kind of a shame no Richland in use the first three days of the tournament. Any reason why?
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Yes crimson I agree. CC is dark as a cave and not near the facility or floor that Richland has. Yet it sits empty while CC has a triple header. And Westmont and Ligonier boys will drive right past Richland on the way to CC. Richland is only 15 minutes farther drive from CC to play in a better facility. My guess is it is politics.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I don't know what it could be, but Richland likes hosting anything and everything they can get. My guess Wednesday/Thursday we'll see some games up there.

Potentially McCort and Westmont girls could be playing Thursday, can't imagine they get sent out of town with the schools being so close to each other. That's a time you would wish Johnstown would open their doors again.
Bballfan123
Junior
Junior

Post by Bballfan123 »

Wellll then Central Cambria for the night it is.  I hope to see a lot of you there; great fans create for a great atmosphere at this time of the year.  Who is everyone's picks for the three games set there?  I got BG, PM, and PM.  
Bballfan123
Junior
Junior

Post by Bballfan123 »

I'm actually from Richland and Bonnie, our AD, had said that there was potential to host the first few rounds this year but it didn't pan out for reasons she didn't mention.  Hey!  I won't complain of the shorter drive.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

I'm excited to see the BG claysburg game.  I think BG is the best team in the A field and love watching them play. If you haven't had the chance yet this year go out to CC. The athletes they have are just remarkably fast and strong. 
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

d6sports, I understand your post, but they have also lost 8 games haven't they?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Just a general observation, but I think the length of football season sometimes skews the records of the basketball season to follow. 16 weeks is a bit much and I would like to see them cut it back to 14. That's another argument.

But I would guess BG is slightly better than an ordinary 8 loss team. That's all.
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

I have seen Guilfoyle and they are not an 8 loss team. Very athletic and talented but they also have there flaws.  They should be around next week and that game against HC should be a good one. Think the have a good chance but would not call them the favorite just yet
saltsburgtrojanfan1989
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by saltsburgtrojanfan1989 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Just a general observation, but I think the length of football season sometimes skews the records of the basketball season to follow. 16 weeks is a bit much and I would like to see them cut it back to 14.  That's another argument.

But I would guess BG is slightly better than an ordinary 8 loss team. That's all
Crimson's Ghost,
What are your thoughts of the District 6 A & AA boys playoffs and what are your predictions for both the A and AA Boys brackets