Friday Scoreboard 3/3/17

Hardwood chatter
pahoops
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Friday Scoreboard 3/3/17

Post by pahoops »

Aiks... that's hilarious! Ever been to a game at the pleasant valley Blvd gym? You want to talk about wanting every single call and riding the refs all game long! They cry for every call. As far as Friday night, I spoke to 3 different refs that were just watching and ALL 3 said those guys had NO business refereeing that game. I had no problem with the contact that wasn't called at the end of the game when BA drove to the hoop. I had a problem with the official that was at half court running behind the play calling a garbage foul when the ref right in front of the play had the call right. Game was way too big for Mr Brown and I hope that the evaluation indicates such. And by the way, since your kids go to BA, are you including yourself and your kids when you say BA does no wrong?
grasshopper
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by grasshopper »

Wow Aiks sort of rough talk for a Bellwood resident. Someone at the school make you mad or something?
You know how basketball is since your a BG grad. The game is over, the fans were excited, officials miss calls like
some athletes don't go to volunteer workouts. Life is crazy sometime. When is your next complaint football season?
We are all watching and wondering.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

I'm not sure if Bellwood does no wrong.  But I know one thing they don't do....recruit!  Their roster is made up of kids that live with in the district.  Not a roster of kids from many school districts.  Question....since they were playing for a DISTRICT TITLE, do all the participants from McCort and Guilfoyle have to live with in District 6, since they have no set boundaries.  Just wondering.   /:)
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

pahoops wrote:Aiks... that's hilarious! Ever been to a game at the pleasant valley Blvd gym? You want to talk about wanting every single call and riding the refs all game long! They cry for every call. As far as Friday night, I spoke to 3 different refs that were just watching and ALL 3 said those guys had NO business refereeing that game. I had no problem with the contact that wasn't called at the end of the game when BA drove to the hoop. I had a problem with the official that was at half court running behind the play calling a garbage foul when the ref right in front of the play had the call right. Game was way too big for Mr Brown and I hope that the evaluation indicates such. And by the way, since your kids go to BA, are you including yourself and your kids when you say BA does no wrong 
Don't get me wrong, I root for BA. I sometimes sit in the stands and think " shut up" and that's any sport. But I guess that's any sport any fan base. And yes, I went into PV gym last year for the first time NOT rooting for BG and you make a good point.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

DCor50 wrote:I'm not sure if Bellwood does no wrong.  But I know one thing they don't do....recruit!  Their roster is made up of kids that live with in the district.  Not a roster of kids from many school districts.  Question....since they were playing for a DISTRICT TITLE, do all the participants from McCort and Guilfoyle have to live with in District 6, since they have no set boundaries.  Just wondering.   /:)
Where was your outrage when Williamsburg boosters/supporters recruited a U16 women's national team big from Hungary that carried them to a third place finish in the district and thus denying either Portage or Glendale an appearance in the state tournament?  From the following article in the Altoona Mirror:

[ul][li][font=Georgia, serif]“Basketball was my reason that I came here”[/font][/li]
[li][font=Georgia, serif]“Somebody found my highlights on the internet, and they said, ‘Hey, our high school needs a post player. You should come here as an exchange student.’ I was like, ‘Wow. An exchange student? I’ve never heard of an exchange student before. This could be fun.'”[/font][/li]
[li][font=Georgia, serif]Dustin Martin actually was planning to coach the Lady Pirates this year, but a recent PIAA rule prohibited coaches from hosting exchange-student players in an effort to keep teams from effectively circumventing recruiting rules. Instead, he volunteers and keeps the scorebook.[/font][/li][/ul]
While she is residing within the geographical boundaries of the school district, she decidedly is not home-grown talent and we can unequivocally state that she was recruited to play basketball.  Most of the starters on Juniata Valley's girls team the past couple years are not home-grown talent (just like the BG girls).  Whether it be outright booster/supporter recruiting or AAU teammates from different school districts suddenly congregating at a single school, the issue exists for public and private schools alike.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

upnorth wrote:
DCor50 wrote:I'm not sure if Bellwood does no wrong.  But I know one thing they don't do....recruit!  Their roster is made up of kids that live with in the district.  Not a roster of kids from many school districts.  Question....since they were playing for a DISTRICT TITLE, do all the participants from McCort and Guilfoyle have to live with in District 6, since they have no set boundaries.  Just wondering.   /:)
Where was your outrage when Williamsburg boosters/supporters recruited a U16 women's national team big from Hungary that carried them to a third place finish in the district and thus denying either Portage or Glendale an appearance in the state tournament?  From the following article in the Altoona Mirror:

[ul][li][font=Georgia, serif]“Basketball was my reason that I came here”[/font][/li]
[li][font=Georgia, serif]“Somebody found my highlights on the internet, and they said, ‘Hey, our high school needs a post player. You should come here as an exchange student.’ I was like, ‘Wow. An exchange student? I’ve never heard of an exchange student before. This could be fun.'”[/font][/li]
[li][font=Georgia, serif]Dustin Martin actually was planning to coach the Lady Pirates this year, but a recent PIAA rule prohibited coaches from hosting exchange-student players in an effort to keep teams from effectively circumventing recruiting rules. Instead, he volunteers and keeps the scorebook.[/font][/li][/ul]
While she is residing within the geographical boundaries of the school district, she decidedly is not home-grown talent and we can unequivocally state that she was recruited to play basketball.  Most of the starters on Juniata Valley's girls team the past couple years are not home-grown talent (just like the BG girls).  Whether it be outright booster/supporter recruiting or AAU teammates from different school districts suddenly congregating at a single school, the issue exists for public and private schools alike.
THANK YOU!!! Had a similar conversation with a friend. He was saying how JV girls have a couple girls not from the district.  But somehow he didn't want to use " recruiting". Funny how when the script is flipped we look the other way. 
 Another gentleman I talked to at work. Said about the former JV football coach sent his kid to Central a bought a house to make it " legal". Then the next breath accused BG football of recruiting. I told him you can't tell me a story like that and then flip right around and accuse another school of recruiting.
Baller21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Baller21 »

I don't know Juniata Valley situation but parents moving to a school district or buying a house in a school district doesn't bother me as it is a parent doing something for their kids.
I'm not sure how the turkey exchange student is legal and shame on D6 for allowing it let alone PIAA.

My issue is private schools get top talent from multiple school districts and then play in smaller classifications while having 3 or 4 times bigger area to get players(usually top talent) from is what bothers me.
What do fans of BC, BG and BM think about schools like Kennedy catholic, Vincentian or neauman goretti who have talent from multiple states?

PIAA should have made 6 classifications with 4 for public and 2 for private or even 3 and 3.
Would make stories like North Star's girls run even better if they actually get to win a title instead of losing to a hand picked all star team with 4 starters not even from PA.
Look at the private schools dominating the lower 3 classifications almost every year. It crushes the true spirit of high school sports where it's supposed to be about a group of kids like Saltsburg boys growing up together and making a run to a title instead of playing Vincentian in first round (hope Saltsburg wins and does make a run)

I loved AAA D6 this year look at all the good games and matchups without a single private school in it.

Rant over haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d6footballfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by d6footballfan »

two words to ponder

SCHOOL CHOICE
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

BMCHS in the past, has had kids from Boswell ( D5), Somerset (D5), Windber (D5), Ligonier (which at one time was D7 WPIAL), and this year reached into Bedford(D5).
It ain't over until it's over.
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

Find me a kid on guilfoyle from anywhere else or who transferred in? I'm sure there has to be a couple.  They are a private school and happened to make the district championship.