Why can't D6 boys basketball teams win state titles?

Hardwood chatter
Bobby92
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Why can't D6 boys basketball teams win state titles?

Post by Bobby92 »

The east side of the state has better athletes along with better coaching and aau teams. District 6 just doesn’t have the ingredients to take on a top tier philly team.
Tapp
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Tapp »

Also, the east has about 8 million people and the west has 4 million. I do think chances are a lot better now that there are more classifications. 
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

A lot of charters seem to be in east as well. I really hate to ask this and open something up. But I have been wondering why there is no public outcry for Charters? They may have a bigger advantage than anyone. Especially in basketball .
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Aiks19 wrote:A lot of charters seem to be in east as well. I really hate to ask this and open something up. But I have been wondering why there is no public outcry for Charters? They may have a bigger advantage than anyone. Especially in basketball .
Charter schools dominate basketball. Seems to be a ton more in the Philly area.

You only need 5 to field a basketball team. Get 5 studs to go to your charter school (within the city travel isn’t an issue) and you have a state championship team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Aiks19 wrote:A lot of charters seem to be in east as well. I really hate to ask this and open something up. But I have been wondering why there is no public outcry for Charters? They may have a bigger advantage than anyone. Especially in basketball .
Also, ask some of the Forbes Roads kids about playing Lincoln Park Charter School a few years ago out of Pittsburgh. They were “attending” due to the school’s performance arts program. Haha

Nothing like Forbes trying to compete with a starting lineup of 6’ 4” and bigger in the state tournament. They were working on their performance arts, just only in basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk