LHAC ‘17 ‘18

Hardwood chatter
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC ‘17 ‘18

Post by CCDevil2012 »

So you have an issue with kids transferring to private schools in other threads but then complain about kids transferring to public schools. Can you pick a side? Josh Persio hasn't played for BC since 9th grade year when he played junior high. Alex transferred last season and has stayed since. Dunno what your beef is other than jealousy. 
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

CCDevil2012 wrote:So you have an issue with kids transferring to private schools in other threads but then complain about kids transferring to public schools. Can you pick a side? Josh Persio hasn't played for BC since 9th grade year when he played junior high. Alex transferred last season and has stayed since. Dunno what your beef is other than jealousy. 
Jealous of what CC going 9-13 and PC going 13-9. CC loses 41.6 ppg has back 29.4. PC has 43.7 ppg back and loses 14.2 . Stats from maxpreps estimated pretty accurate.  Yeah real jealous.  
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

lgb87cape wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:So you have an issue with kids transferring to private schools in other threads but then complain about kids transferring to public schools. Can you pick a side? Josh Persio hasn't played for BC since 9th grade year when he played junior high. Alex transferred last season and has stayed since. Dunno what your beef is other than jealousy. 
Jealous of what CC going 9-13 and PC going 13-9. CC loses 41.6 ppg has back 29.4. PC has 43.7 ppg back and loses 14.2 . Stats from maxpreps estimated pretty accurate.  Yeah real jealous.  
That has to be one of the worst attempts at predicting season success. 2 years ago our Girls team lost 1/3 of its offense in one player in Taylor Boring, we averaged 51.5 ppg, the following year we started 3 sophomores and still averaged exactly 51.5 ppg. It means nothing. Point being, next players always step up, I'd be willing to bet we still score 65+ PPG this season. *Stats from maxpreps estimated pretty accurate. I'd still like to see how the Panthers are going to beat BG and Forest Hills twice each let alone us but I'm sure you have their PPG already figured out as well so we might as well not even play the games.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
That has to be one of the worst attempts at predicting season success. 2 years ago our Girls team lost 1/3 of its offense in one player in Taylor Boring, we averaged 51.5 ppg, the following year we started 3 sophomores and still averaged exactly 51.5 ppg. It means nothing. Point being, next players always step up, I'd be willing to bet we still score 65+ PPG this season. *Stats from maxpreps estimated pretty accurate. I'd still like to see how the Panthers are going to beat BG and Forest Hills twice each let alone us but I'm sure you have their PPG already figured out as well so we might as 
It seems we're at a tug of war.  We can type our reasons why one team will be better than the other. It comes down to playing the game. Hopefully a week from this Saturday we'll get a better idea of what each team has..
Bobby92
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Bobby92 »

lgb87cape wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:I had replied from the recent threads and didn't realize this was a basketball topic. That being said, Penn Cambria still doesn't beat Forest Hills, BG, or Central Cambria in the section. You forget that we still have Bennett and both Persios as well as solid juniors that were bench players last year. We don't have that slasher in Bopp but we have probably the best big man in the conference and 3-4 solid outside shooters. Richland should win the other section but Johnstown will be tough as usual. 
Ok. We'll see. The Persios will they go to BC mid season on a Monday and not play and come back to CC on Friday and play ?????
Central is going to destroy Penn Cambria this year. PC does not have any big guys to keep up with Holsinger. Also those PC guards wont be able to handle the Persios and Bennett.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Bobby92 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:I had replied from the recent threads and didn't realize this was a basketball topic. That being said, Penn Cambria still doesn't beat Forest Hills, BG, or Central Cambria in the section. You forget that we still have Bennett and both Persios as well as solid juniors that were bench players last year. We don't have that slasher in Bopp but we have probably the best big man in the conference and 3-4 solid outside shooters. Richland should win the other section but Johnstown will be tough as usual. 
Ok. We'll see. The Persios will they go to BC mid season on a Monday and not play and come back to CC on Friday and play ?????
Central is going to destroy Penn Cambria this year. PC does not have any big guys to keep up with Holsinger. Also those PC guards wont be able to handle the Persios and Bennett.
Do you play for CC since your status is starting??? One guy doesn't  make a team. Yeah he'll get his double double every game but with an inexperienced supporting cast they'll be luck to win 8-9 games. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I disagree with the experience part, 3/5 were starters last year depending on the game. The other 5 bench players have all seen a good bit of time as well. I'm more worried about defense than anything.
justafan21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by justafan21 »

CC will lack miserably on Defense, sans M.H. in the post area. L.B. is the only defender on the perimeter. M.H. will defend the post admirably, but other than L.B., those other 4-5 guards are very weak defensively guarding the perimeter, stopping the dribble/drive and denying the opposite side cutter. The team will be at a considerable height disadvantage ( sans M.H. ), and other than M.H., they team is not physical. They shy away from physical contact, and have little physical strength.  Teams will double down on M.H., and they will not win many games firin’ from beyond  the arc - there are no Steph Curry’s on that squad, and none of those current guards can shoot with any pressure in their face like Gillen was able to. None of those guards can catch and shoot with any effectiveness when pressured. The team has no half court Offense ( other than trying to get the ball to M.H. in the post area ). The team is only effective in the fast break. They are an undisciplined squad. The two cousins are nothing more than turnovers - sure they can shoot, but only a rare open jumper. Those two make turnover after turnover, and the HC just leaves them in the contest. A good example of the season games : CC may be slightly “bigger” than BC as a team ( due to M.H. ), but BC will shut their guards down with ease ( BC can play some D ). I know this is a thread about '17/'18, but wait til next year for CC - you will see exactly what I am describing above........
Bobby92
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Bobby92 »

lgb87cape wrote:
Bobby92 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote: Ok. We'll see. The Persios will they go to BC mid season on a Monday and not play and come back to CC on Friday and play ?????
Do you play for CC since your status is starting??? One guy doesn't  make a team. Yeah he'll get his double double every game but with an inexperienced supporting cast they'll be luck to win 8-9 games. 
No I do not play for CC currently but I did graduate from CC. I watch the team play every year and go to games when I can. Also the team is not inexperienced Holsinger played Varsity most of the time since being a freshman. Bennett was getting solid varsity time his sophomore year and started last year. Persio started for BC as a sophomore. The team has the experience...
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Ask Jordan Miller if 1 man makes a team :D  in 1A or 2A that’s all you really need to make a decent run.