Opening Weekend

Hardwood chatter
justafan21
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Opening Weekend

Post by justafan21 »

Postby CCDevil2012 » Today, 8:25 am

Holsinger was the whole team??? We had 5 players with double digit points, 2 of those came off the bench. You sound like you've never watched a basketball game before, doesn't take much to see a team's identity. If we're going to be "lucky" to win 7-8 game in conference, Penn Cambria will be lucky to win 1

Ahhhh, 'xcuse me CCDevil2012, can you explain this..... :

CENTRAL CAMBRIA (82): A. Persio 3 0 8, Bennett 6 4 17, Knopp 2 3 7, Bezek 4 0 11, Holsinger 8 7 24, J. Persio 0 3 3, Melnyk 1 0 2, Young 2 0 4, Walwro 2 0 4, Beecher 1 0 2. Totals 29 17-23 82.

This is the box score from the Altoona Mirror. There is only THREE players with double digit points - not five. ALL three were starters. NO ONE came of the bench to score double digits...!!

As previous assessments have stated, M.H. did admirably in the post and also defended the post very well. The only other "defender" last night to make any note of was L.B. - as previously assessed and noted that he would do.

No one else on that squad played D with any desire or effectiveness last night- as previously noted. Sorry to note, but PM is not a very good squad by any means, yet there was still a lack of D from CC's other players.

I am sure you are a "fan" of CC ( as your handle notes ) and you are "expected" to defend your squad. But C'Mon Man....look at this as "just a fan" and you will see what I am saying. Wait 'til CC plays BC and Richland - these two squads will play D and you will see the that other than M.H and L.B., that CC squad will struggle mightily....
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

justafan21 wrote:Postby CCDevil2012 » Today, 8:25 am

Holsinger was the whole team??? We had 5 players with double digit points, 2 of those came off the bench. You sound like you've never watched a basketball game before, doesn't take much to see a team's identity. If we're going to be "lucky" to win 7-8 game in conference, Penn Cambria will be lucky to win 1

Ahhhh, 'xcuse me CCDevil2012, can you explain this..... :

CENTRAL CAMBRIA (82): A. Persio 3 0 8, Bennett 6 4 17, Knopp 2 3 7, Bezek 4 0 11, Holsinger 8 7 24, J. Persio 0 3 3, Melnyk 1 0 2, Young 2 0 4, Walwro 2 0 4, Beecher 1 0 2. Totals 29 17-23 82.

This is the box score from the Altoona Mirror. There is only THREE players with double digit points - not five. ALL three were starters. NO ONE came of the bench to score double digits...!!

As previous assessments have stated, M.H. did admirably in the post and also defended the post very well. The only other "defender" last night to make any note of was L.B. - as previously assessed and noted that he would do.

No one else on that squad played D with any desire or effectiveness last night- as previously noted. Sorry to note, but PM is not a very good squad by any means, yet there was still a lack of D from CC's other players.

I am sure you are a "fan" of CC ( as your handle notes ) and you are "expected" to defend your squad. But C'Mon Man....look at this as "just a fan" and you will see what I am saying. Wait 'til CC plays BC and Richland - these two squads will play D and you will see the that other than M.H and L.B., that CC squad will struggle mightily....
Amen!!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I respectively disagree, Nick Knopp played great defensively last night as well. But what defense do you need when you're up by 20 points the entire game? Kids will step up just fine. No local team would be anything without their 2 best players either, its small school basketball, what do you expect. I know that Richland is better, as they should be with what they have back. But I'm not on here saying they're going to win the section. Yes, I am a fan, and I'm going to get on here and defend them when people who are clueless claim that their team is going to win the section because of stats from last season. I also know that PM is not a good team, probably the same as Conemaugh Township, but we also won handily. We are down for sure, but are still probably a top 5 team in the conference if not the district 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'd imagine Township is better than Penns Manor.
justafan21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by justafan21 »

Postby CCDevil2012 » 27 minutes ago

But what defense do you need when you're up by 20 points the entire game?

.....ahhh...what..???...huh...?? Somebody please help me out here. Did CCDevil2012 just make what he believes was a "logical thought" and then put into words "But what defense do you need when you're up by 20 points the entire game?"

Sorry CCDevil2012, I can never take anything that you process and then put into words with any seriousness again...

I am truly not being mean when I ask if you have ever been competitive in your life, or played ball at a competitive level? If you have, then shame on you for making a statement such as "But what defense do you need when you're up by 20 points the entire game?" Did you actually play ball like that? Shame on you...some kids would give their ALL, 100% of the time, just to take the court or step on a ballfield...just once !!

I outta this convo.....

Merry Christmas all....!!
ThoseWhereTheDays
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ThoseWhereTheDays »

Hvl32 wrote:No way ch girls beat homer girls  buy any number in any gym
      I was there at that game. CH girls beat them with a bunch of sophmores and a freshman. They looked really good. Very young team, only one junior and one senior . I think they play CC tonight in the tourney championship. Don’t follow girls too much. Not sure if Homer girls were a good team or not. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

justafan21 wrote:Postby CCDevil2012 » 27 minutes ago

But what defense do you need when you're up by 20 points the entire game?

.....ahhh...what..???...huh...?? Somebody please help me out here. Did CCDevil2012 just make what he believes was a "logical thought" and then put into words "But what defense do you need when you're up by 20 points the entire game?"

Sorry CCDevil2012, I can never take anything that you process and then put into words with any seriousness again...

I am truly not being mean when I ask if you have ever been competitive in your life, or played ball at a competitive level? If you have, then shame on you for making a statement such as "But what defense do you need when you're up by 20 points the entire game?" Did you actually play ball like that? Shame on you...some kids would give their ALL, 100% of the time, just to take the court or step on a ballfield...just once !!

I outta this convo.....

Merry Christmas all....!!
You sound like a coach that would run a full court press with your starters in until the last buzzer even with a 40 point lead. The game was in hand by the end of the 1st quarter, no need to be a hero on defense when you beat a team by 36 points. Should they have held them to 11 points per quarter instead of 11.5? Of course they weren't playing their best defense, they didn't need. If Saint Francis came over for a scrimmage you really think they're gonna go all out for 60 minutes? No. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I'd imagine Township is better than Penns Manor.
They have 1 kid that can handle the ball, I would be shocked if the score is not the same tonight. 
Ballislyfe
Junior
Junior

Post by Ballislyfe »

Does anyone know if Bellwood girls play this wkend? And homer girls should b decent.  But they lost their 2 starting post players to graduation.  So lost some of their most physical players 
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

Ballislyfe wrote:Does anyone know if Bellwood girls play this wkend? And homer girls should b decent.  But they lost their 2 starting post players to graduation.  So lost some of their most physical players 
Bellwood girls are playing Tyrone right now