War Memorial Holiday Shootout- Boys

Hardwood chatter
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: War Memorial Holiday Shootout- Boys

Post by Manfred »

Allmarine21 wrote:I believe the schools were given 200 tickets each to sell at $5.00 a ticket and the money was kept by the schools for their programs. If so, then the War Memorial staff took care of the parents, families and fans of the respective schools.
Not for someone who has no connection to a given school other than following their programs.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Manfred wrote:Some people just can't take constructive criticism for what it is.  They immediately feel threatened and go on the offensive.  WHY couldn't they have tickets for individual games?  I agree $10 for a 2 game block isn't that bad, but for fans who only come to the second of 2 games, why the gouge?  What if you care less about the other game?  The ambience, the facility, great.  The format, ehhh needs more work.  Especially when the media tries to oversell the history by putting on a lesser event than what it was.
I mean I just think too often in this town someone tries to do something good and people are so quick to criticize it then it goes away and that's why our downtown sucks and our area sucks half the time. People are worried about an extra $4 bucks. It's not the end of the world to spend a little bit more so we can have a decent Christmas tournament in Johnstown.  

If it means to spend $10 instead of $6 for a game to bring back basketball at the War Memorial, I'm happy to spend the extra $4. But that's just me. 

If you wanted to watch affordable basketball, I think the Cambria Heights tournament was played last night. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Colonel Mustard wrote:Why, because $10 is ridiculous for low level HS basketball?
I paid $3 to see a low level HS hockey game there a week or so ago.
Tigersharks
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Tigersharks »

It is once a year you are paying $10 for a game. It is for the community. If you think about how much money we waste on other things that give us far less entertainment then $10 isn’t bad.

Is the $10 for the first two games?

How do they empty the arena and funnel the fans out to repurchase tickets in time for the second game?

If it is for both game and you only show up for the second game, then that is on you. Maybe go watch someone else play that you wouldn’t normally see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Maybe people have jobs, medical appointments, etc. and structure their day around seeing (their) kids play, and not missing work or appointments just to sit through a ho-hum game between 2 teams you have absolutely no interest in. If the $10 could be proven to go directly into this distressed community, I'd be willing, but it's not.
Tigersharks
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Tigersharks »

Why are you so upset they are charging $10?

If you don’t want to pay $10 then don’t pay. But if $10 is going to stress your budget them I don’t know what to tell you.

Is there other vices that are preventing one from spending $10 once/twice a year? Smoking, drinking, tattoos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I don't personally want to pay $40 to take my family to see my nephew play Ferndale. Sorry Ferndale. I assume there are many casual fans that feel the same, which will ultimately doom the tourney. I also think it is kind of funny that people are in awe of being in the War Memorial, but that's just me.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Tigersharks wrote:Why are you so upset they are charging $10?

If you don’t want to pay $10 then don’t pay.  But if $10 is going to stress your budget them I don’t know what to tell you.

Is there other vices that are preventing one from spending $10 once/twice a year?  Smoking, drinking, tattoos?  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa
Vices called Obamacare.  Highest fuel taxes in the nation.  Normal day to day expenses.  I've explained my point of view to you.  If -I- bother -you- that much there is an ignore feature available.  Col. Mustard, knowitall, I'm sure many others, at least, get it.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I suspect the tickets could have been $5 for the event and certain people would have found something else to complain about. That's how this town is, so I'm not going to worry about it much anymore.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

"Nothing but the dead is dying here in our little town"- Paul Simon   -I'll give up my cholesterol meds and save up for next year.