Pre-Season Favorites

Hardwood chatter
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pre-Season Favorites

Post by Manfred »

sportsfan1072 wrote:Manfred,  shouldn't FH have a pretty decent team?  Why would you drop them so low?  I am going with BC to win the Laurel Highlands.  I don't think I'd have CC as high as what Crimson has them (which isn't very high), didn't they lose 4 starters?
They graduated Ryan Richardson and Devin Smith as starters.  Cecere in todays Trib confirmed what most knew for sometime that he is NOT playing hoops this year. I have heard Shope is not coming out either.  Ditto Seth Richardson.  That doesn't leave a whole lot. Schrock is the only height, Spangler the only 'body', Chunta the only guard w/ experience.  Compared with what everyone else has, I'd expect FH in the bottom 4.  No Cecere, not great expectations.  May not even be able to have enough bodies for JV.

I expect much greater results for the Lady Ranger hoops and Ranger wrestling teams this winter.
It ain't over until it's over.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I was pretty shocked to read he's not playing. You'd think if he played QB and middle LB that he'd play basketball, especially when so close to 1,000 points but obviously his decision. Will he opt of Lantzy as well?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

He might already be down at Wake Forest by then.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I would definitely opt out of the Lantzy. Too big of a risk for a free ride.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Does he risk blowing out his elbow or shoulder pitching for Forest Hills, etc. next spring/summer?
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Wildcats1 wrote:Ligonier Valley is the favorite in the Heritage South, while Homer-Center and United should contend in my opinion.  All 3 have a lot of talent back this year.  Purchase Line will be competitive but lost a lot from last year.  I think they are still the team to beat in the Heritage North though.
In the Heritage, PM girls return all 5 starters from last year's state semifinal run.
The boys could be spoilers. A new coach has brought back kids that haven played the last couple years. Plus 2 - 6'4" underclassmen.  Maybe not conference champs, but could stir things up.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Blueandwhitefan wrote:
Wildcats1 wrote:Ligonier Valley is the favorite in the Heritage South, while Homer-Center and United should contend in my opinion.  All 3 have a lot of talent back this year.  Purchase Line will be competitive but lost a lot from last year.  I think they are still the team to beat in the Heritage North though.
In the Heritage, PM girls return all 5 starters from last year's state semifinal run.
The boys could be spoilers. A new coach has brought back kids that haven played the last couple years. Plus 2 - 6'4" underclassmen.  They won the Indiana summer league, and are having fun. Good team chemistry. Maybe not conference champs, but could stir things up.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Tapp
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Tapp »

I would put Richland first followed by Johnstown. 
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

After speaking to several people over thanksgiving break including multiple coaches at the IUP D2 basketball tournament this weekend. I would like to change my LHAC predictions lol.

1. Johnstown - Rumor has it this is the best JTown since they made the state finals game

2. BC - Back Court of Ertter and McDaniels with the improvement of 6’5 post player Burke will be enough to get the 2 seed.

3. BG - Possible the best coach and best player combo with Ruggery and Drennen

4. Bishop McCort - Young, Deep and Guard heavy should be good enough to get them into the round of 4. Summelsberger is primed for a big year.

Odd Man Out - Richland
Burke is one of the best players in the league but is not a natural scorer and Richland has zero depth at any position. Replacing Zimmerman, Hardison, and Paul might be too much to ask.

6-14 it’s a toss up
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

So Johnstown had to have gotten some transfers or the sophomores are really good?