Last Week

Hardwood chatter
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Last Week

Post by FunFacts »

Playoff cut off has passed so other than the league  championships for the LHAC and the Westpac the rest are simply for playoff prep.  Any interesting non conference games ones scheduled?  
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Last Week

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Interesting if only in the complete contrast in styles of play...Juniata Valley who scores 70 ppg goes to Penns Valley Monday. The Rams average 44 ppg and allow 43 ppg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Interesting if only in the complete contrast in styles of play...Juniata Valley  who scores 70 ppg goes to Penns Valley Monday. The Rams average 44 ppg and allow 43 ppg.

I have yet to see a Penns Valley game but I hear really exciting things.  One of these days I actually do want to catch one simply to see what they do to play such low scoring games.  I plan to bring a lot of coffee with me. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Penns Valley has played that way for years. 
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

FunFacts wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Interesting if only in the complete contrast in styles of play...Juniata Valley  who scores 70 ppg goes to Penns Valley Monday. The Rams average 44 ppg and allow 43 ppg.

I have yet to see a Penns Valley game but I hear really exciting things.  One of these days I actually do want to catch one simply to see what they do to play such low scoring games.  I plan to bring a lot of coffee with me. 
The game I watched them play, they kept the ball on the perimeter for multiple passes. They would run some cutters and move the ball to the elbows followed by a pass back outside. They were almost always looking for a layup. Each possession could last 45 seconds to 3 minutes with no intention of scoring.

The only way to make them play faster is to apply pressure or get way ahead so they have to catch up.

Their style screams shot clock for high school basketball.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

FunFacts wrote:

Yeah not sure “exciting” fits anything about it. Lol. We also prefer to slow it down and force you to work for open shots but we don’t hesitate to score in transition when the opportunity is there and have kids that can create shots when needed. We beat them 29-28 up there in the opening week of the season and then 47-22 at our place a couple weeks ago in a game that we held them scoreless for the entire first half. To their credit they do have wins over St. Joe’s, Tyrone, Clearfield, Bellefonte and an OT loss to Bellwood. I believe based on the reported standings they would open up the 3A playoffs at Forest Hills which would be a tough matchup for a team that can’t score much.

You play to win the game!!!