Re: Saturday Scoreboard 2-23-19

Post by SFB14 »

Great win on the road for JV.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

6-A football champs playing to be 6-A basketball champs!! That probably doesn’t happen often! I’ve never seen BC play.. does JV have a shot?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

SFB14 wrote:What a great season for Huntingdon. Undefeated seasons are so rare and then to cap it off with a league and District title is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations to the Bearcats and also to Central on a very good year. I'm not sure what was expected from the Dragons but to make it to the district title game is a credit to the team. It's to bad that both teams can't advance to states.
Yeah wish the D5 teams would play with D6 in 4A and they would take 2 to states. Would have been a shame had Huntingdon got sent home with 1 loss. Meanwhile a 12 loss Bedford team beats a 17 loss Somerset team and now plays a 14 loss Westinghouse team for a state playoff spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

District 6 Class-A Boys

Bishop Carroll 73, Blacklick Valley 49

(3) Juniata Valley 78, St. Joseph’s 75

District 6 Class-AAA Boys

Ligonier Valley 75, Central Cambria 55

Bellwood-Antis 62, West Shamokin 48

Richland 63, Cambria Heights 45

District 6 Class-AAAA Boys Championship

Huntingdon 40, Central 27

District 6-8-10 Class-AAAAAA Consolation 

Erie 78, Altoona 62

District 5 Class-A Boys

Shanksville 45, Southern Fulton 33

Shade 48, Berlin 46

District 6 Class-A Girls

Bishop Carroll 49, Blacklick Valley 22

Purchase Line 51, St. Joseph’s 41

District 6 Class-AAA Girls

Tyrone 63, United 45

District 6 Class-AAAA Girls Championship

Forest Hills 62, Huntingdon 44
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
Yeah wish the D5 teams would play with D6 in 4A and they would take 2 to states. Would have been a shame had Huntingdon got sent home with 1 loss. Meanwhile a 12 loss Bedford team beats a 17 loss Somerset team and now plays a 14 loss Westinghouse team for a state playoff spot. 

Well get over it....PIAA pairs districts with less than 4 teams together to form subregionals.   5-AA North Star (20-3) and Conemaugh Twp. (20-4) are playing for One spot while in 6-AA you have Penns Manor (13-10), West Branch (17-6), and McCort (11-11) already guaranteed one of 4 spots in 6-AA.     So it just doesn't happen to D6.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Saturday Scoreboard 2-23-19

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Head Roadie wrote:[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Well get over it....PIAA pairs districts with less than 4 teams together to form subregionals.   5-AA North Star (20-3) and Conemaugh Twp. (20-4) are playing for One spot while in 6-AA you have Penns Manor (13-10), West Branch (17-6), and McCort (11-11) already guaranteed one of 4 spots in 6-AA.     So it just doesn't happen to D6.
Get over it?? What exactly am I getting over?? Lol. Didn’t say it was a D6 problem or that D6 was only district affected. 6 classes in hoops is too many and is evident just by looking at the scores. Of the 13 games played in D5/6 yesterday 2 were less than double digit difference. Teams with 12 and 14 losses shouldn’t be playing for state playoff berths. Just an opinion, but hey I’ll get over it. Lol

PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

FunFacts wrote:
Aiks19 wrote:
FunFacts wrote:Saw BC was up on BV 18-0 after the first.  Don’t know the final but between that and BG last night, the bishops must have recruited defense last offseason.  
Or their opponents weren’t very good. No matter the opponent.

BV was 14-6 on the season. That would seem to mean they are pretty good. 
BV was 15 - 8 and finished either 7th or 8th Overall In the Westpac. Yes the Westpac was fairly loaded up top this year but calling them pretty good might be a stretch compared to a BC team that finished what...3rd or 4th in the LHAC? District 6 Single A isn't what it was since going to six classifications. BC is easily your top dog year after year now.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Get over what you "wish" ..... it is the way it is based on proportional representation formula and yes, incidents like you pointed out (Central on paper much more deserving that Bedford or Westinghouse) Or I pointed out in my example are just part of the way it goes when proportional strength doesn't match up with proportional representation. Sorry if I came off as being critical of your wish, didn't mean it as the harsh statement that you took.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Head Roadie wrote:Get over what you "wish" ..... it is the way it is based on proportional representation formula and yes, incidents like you pointed out (Central on paper much more deserving that Bedford or Westinghouse) Or I pointed out in my example are just part of the way it goes when proportional strength doesn't match up with proportional representation. Sorry if I came off as being critical of your wish, didn't mean it as the harsh statement that you took.
All good. Just making conversation. Would have been a shame had Huntingdon had 1 bad night and been sent home at 23-1.