Wednesday Scoreboard 2/27/19

Hardwood chatter
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Wednesday Scoreboard 2/27/19

Post by Joe Bivitz »

footballfan1 wrote:I will bite Joe. Who would of beat JV in football if still 4 classifications?  
Glad you asked. It's not who would've beaten them. It's who did beat them. Bellwood beat them 41-6. 
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

You would know this before I would but was Bellwood single A before 6 classifications?  I can't remember.  Agreed Bellwood did give them a beat down but JV became a different team after that loss.  I still look for BC to get back to Eastern Finals. Did injury look serious for the young man who got hurt? 
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BasketballFan12345 »

McDannell came back in and hurt his ankle next after hurting what looked like his knee. Doesn’t matter though. Jv played sloppy and still won. The best player on the floor and in the area Cam Collins took over with great help from QB/big man Zinoble
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

footballfan1 wrote:You would know this before I would but was Bellwood single A before 6 classifications?  I can't remember.  Agreed Bellwood did give them a beat down but JV became a different team after that loss.  I still look for BC to get back to Eastern Finals. Did injury look serious for the young man who got hurt? 
Yes, Bellwood was single A under old 4 class system. McDannel looked like maybe he sprained an ankle in the 1st quarter. BC was up 14-4 at the time and he had 8 points. JV couldn't and wouldn't have stopped him.  He came back in with a few minutes left until half, but was noticeably hobbling. He really looked like he was struggling with putting pressure on it in the 2nd half. BC finally sat him down half way through the 4th. Admire his willingness to tough it out, but hopefully he didn't make it worse by trying to play through it. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think Bellwood would've been AA under four classifications, but I don't really recall what the numbers were.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

footballfan1 wrote:Did injury look serious for the young man who got hurt? 
It was to BC's PG #10....McDannel. Rolled his ankle pretty badly and went straight to the locker room. Came back but couldn't cut, take the ball up the court or guard JV's PG #1 Collins anymore which was the biggest loss because I do believe Collins only had 2 or 4 points before that. BC was up 14 or 16 to 4 when the young man got hurt and it changed the dynamic on the offensive and defensive ends immediately. Not saying JV wouldn't have still chipped at the lead or came back to win, but It was a drastic change because of the unfortunate injury.
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I think Bellwood would've been AA under four classifications, but I don't really recall what the numbers were.
Nope. Single A for sure
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

159 boys, and Penns Valley has 169. No way 169 would be Single-A. So it would be on the border.
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BasketballFan12345 »

Just be thankful as a BC fan that you got one ship because Jv girls decided to move up. They’re very fortunate for that...
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

JV girls decided to move up to AA? Numbers did not dictate it?