State Basketball Attendance

Hardwood chatter
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: State Basketball Attendance

Post by Joe Bivitz »

Definitely regular. I got tired of dying of diphtheria on Oregon Trail, so now I'm addicted to solitaire.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Joe Bivitz wrote:
billmurray wrote:
FunFacts wrote:Even though we are stuck in the middle of the state, I wish the PIAA would split football and basketball and put one in Pittsburgh and one in Philly each year then flip the next year. I think that would greatly help attendance.
They can't even put people in the seats for the wpial games......nor do people go to football games in philly....Only way to see crowds like other states is PIAA loosen stupid "no cowbell" type rules.  allow the blowups and smoke and craziness like other states do. Allow people to have fun and make an event of it
You hit the nail right on the head. A few friends and I were thinking about driving down to Hershey for the football finals, then we remembered that we couldn't take our cowbells. So I just stayed at home and played solitaire on my computer. 
sarcasm noted........but it's a fact.  We have a couple photographers that go to state title events all over the country....everywhere theres a crowd, it's an event.  People get tired of restrictions. It's one of the most common complaints we hear from fans. They have to allow it to be an event.    
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

I would argue that those who are restricted from bringing the cow bells, banners, and other noise makers are the parents and die hard fans who still attend with those restrictions. I don't think the attendance of the average fans who want to take in a game are is affected by those scenarios.  But that's just my opinion. But if you think attendance would go up with an inflatable helmet, smoke machine, bounce house, and dunk tank in the end zone then that's your opinion. The "event" should be the sporting event that is taking place on the field, court, etc.