State Basketball Attendance

Hardwood chatter
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

State Basketball Attendance

Post by CCDevil2012 »

https://twitter.com/jmacdonaldsport/status/1103462412953489408?s=21
Check out the crowd in this video. It’s from the Kentucky state basketball tournament. Once it gets to the Sweet 16, they have a March madness style tournament over 4-5 days at the University of Kentucky. It seems like a really neat experience for both players and fans and the pregame lineup announcements are awesome too. I wish PA would do something like this, especially with the poor attendance issues. I believe the winner of this game upset the only undefeated team in the state. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: State Basketball Attendance

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’ve often said they should move the PIAA state title games around and put the games where people actually live instead of a minor league hockey arena in a small town. 

Here’s the Philadelphia Catholic League title from a few weeks ago.  Sold Out Palaestra, over 8,000 people there. It would be an incredible state title venue. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMaR33ZZbgk&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qSMAcPjYgw&t=591s&app=desktop
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

That’s impressive as well. I just love the idea of the march madness format. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Next year, i'm bring this post and the public/private depart on the Thursday night scores back up so we don't have to discuss everything all over again. As a seasoned bleachercoach now, we do both of these every year lol
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I want to say Kentucky was one of the last state’s to not have classifications. It was just one high school basketball tournament (like the movie Hoosiers) so Shade could play State College. Like it was just a wide open tournament which is kind of cool.  
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I want to say Kentucky was one of the last state’s to not have classifications. It was just one high school basketball tournament (like the movie Hoosiers) so Shade could play State College. Like it was just a wide open tournament which is kind of cool.  
It would be neat to have a tournament of champions, take top 2-3 from each class and have them go at it
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

Even though we are stuck in the middle of the state, I wish the PIAA would split football and basketball and put one in Pittsburgh and one in Philly each year then flip the next year. I think that would greatly help attendance.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

FunFacts wrote:Even though we are stuck in the middle of the state, I wish the PIAA would split football and basketball and put one in Pittsburgh and one in Philly each year then flip the next year. I think that would greatly help attendance.
They can't even put people in the seats for the wpial games......nor do people go to football games in philly....Only way to see crowds like other states is PIAA loosen stupid "no cowbell" type rules.  allow the blowups and smoke and craziness like other states do. Allow people to have fun and make an event of it
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

billmurray wrote:
FunFacts wrote:Even though we are stuck in the middle of the state, I wish the PIAA would split football and basketball and put one in Pittsburgh and one in Philly each year then flip the next year. I think that would greatly help attendance.
They can't even put people in the seats for the wpial games......nor do people go to football games in philly....Only way to see crowds like other states is PIAA loosen stupid "no cowbell" type rules.  allow the blowups and smoke and craziness like other states do. Allow people to have fun and make an event of it
You hit the nail right on the head. A few friends and I were thinking about driving down to Hershey for the football finals, then we remembered that we couldn't take our cowbells. So I just stayed at home and played solitaire on my computer. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Joe Bivitz wrote:
billmurray wrote:
You hit the nail right on the head. A few friends and I were thinking about driving down to Hershey for the football finals, then we remembered that we couldn't take our cowbells. So I just stayed at home and played solitaire on my computer. 
:)) :ymapplause: :ymapplause: the regular, not spider solitaire
If only closed minds came with closed mouths