2019-2020 Basketball Season/Predictions & Previews-Boys

Hardwood chatter
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2019-2020 Basketball Season/Predictions & Previews-Boys

Post by knowitall »

How much did it cost to attend Kiski Prep for just football season?
McCoolRedDevil
Freshman
Freshman

Post by McCoolRedDevil »

Obviously you don't know the PIAA rules, once he transferred to Kiski Prep he was done with the PIAA.

Your obsession with this kids feature is worrisome. Time to grow up and quit worrying about a kid trying to better himself.

Grow up fokes and quit being jealous.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

McCoolRedDevil wrote: November 20th, 2019, 9:10 pm Obviously you don't know the PIAA rules, once he transferred to Kiski Prep he was done with the PIAA.

Your obsession with this kids feature is worrisome. Time to grow up and quit worrying about a kid trying to better himself.

Grow up fokes and quit being jealous.
Can we hammer his parents? Or the people that may have solicited the kid advice? I'd never blame a kid but I sure would hammer the "grown ups."

Thats the thing. Its not the kid. The kid can't buy a house, sell a house, pay tuition, or any of the means that are needed to transfer. There were adults involved that control the means of a transfer.

Bad parenting = kid gets punished.

I wish I knew how to stop bad parenting, but it seems to be an epidemic at all levels, across all sports, across all towns.

Back to Hoops!!
Thanks!
McCoolRedDevil
Freshman
Freshman

Post by McCoolRedDevil »

Charlie, how about the school punishing the kid for false allegations. Maybe we should blame the school?

Would you do the same if your child was falsely accused?
Ballislyfe
Junior
Junior

Post by Ballislyfe »

saltsburgtrojanfan1989 wrote: November 19th, 2019, 7:19 am In the Heritage South, Saltsburg and Ligonier Valley should contend. Saltsburg basically returns a nice core. LV has the Marinchak Boys. United took a big hit with the loss of Kyle Silk.

In the Heritage North, it is Purchase Line's to lose. PL has a nice core returning.
Don’t sleep on the penns manor boys. I’m a comet fan born and raised. And I may b biased , but I think penns manor has a better team than pl.pl lost its best scorer. Barnett is a nice player, but who will complement him. Penns manor lost 2 starters but the comets return w experience, some youth and a squad full of length. Garrett Grimaldi might b player of the year in indiana Co. Watch out for him. Working like crazy. it’ll b good competition for the north. I def like saltsburg and the core they return.truthfully this might b the year ligonier isn’t as stacked. Gone are some solid players. Can’t replace 6’8” Paola with anyone. Marinchak bros are good. But can they carry them all year?? Curious for tip off in heritage for sure. Boys and girls
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

McCoolRedDevil wrote: November 21st, 2019, 8:26 pm Charlie, how about the school punishing the kid for false allegations. Maybe we should blame the school?

LOL. Welp. Sorry Dad, hate to tell you. I know my kids aren't angels. They get in trouble. I usually tend to take the side of the school district in all matters, even if I think they aren't handling it the best. Chances are, they are kids and they make mistakes at some point. Where there is smoke, there is usually a fire. They may not be entirely involved, but involved nonetheless. The fact they were even brought in, means they might have had a hand in it, whatever it maybe. May not be the full perp, but they weren't innocent.

Kids make mistakes. How else do they learn.

I don't know the details on your issue. Just one question I would have. Then why return to the original school of the false allegations?

To answer your questions -

I would let the legal system handle it. Whether that be school district or law enforcement.

Know that in order to be convicted/punished there has to be evidence, and strong evidence at that. I would ask to have the evidence in whatever manner this is, brought forward.

Hope that helps with your situation. Just remember, the job of a parent is to prepare their offspring for life. Life isn't fair, in fact she can be pretty cruel at times!!

I highly doubt "the world is out to get your kid" or the "school is out to get him/her because they don't like him."

To recap - Charlie Parenting 101
School/teacher is always right
Kid is usually involved
Lets issue a fair punishment so this doesn't happen again
Tough break/learn from it
Love your kids

I got a book coming out. It should be picked up on Amazon once Konjo gets done with the proofread. Check it out!

Its titled - "AAU - The Mover's Guide to Getting Johnny A Free Ride." Get your copy today!! Makes a great stalking stuffer!!
Thanks!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

LOL! Best post in a LONG time!
It ain't over until it's over.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

CharlieConway wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 10:28 am
McCoolRedDevil wrote: November 21st, 2019, 8:26 pm Charlie, how about the school punishing the kid for false allegations. Maybe we should blame the school?

LOL. Welp. Sorry Dad, hate to tell you. I know my kids aren't angels. They get in trouble. I usually tend to take the side of the school district in all matters, even if I think they aren't handling it the best. Chances are, they are kids and they make mistakes at some point. Where there is smoke, there is usually a fire. They may not be entirely involved, but involved nonetheless. The fact they were even brought in, means they might have had a hand in it, whatever it maybe. May not be the full perp, but they weren't innocent.

Kids make mistakes. How else do they learn.

I don't know the details on your issue. Just one question I would have. Then why return to the original school of the false allegations?

To answer your questions -

I would let the legal system handle it. Whether that be school district or law enforcement.

Know that in order to be convicted/punished there has to be evidence, and strong evidence at that. I would ask to have the evidence in whatever manner this is, brought forward.

Hope that helps with your situation. Just remember, the job of a parent is to prepare their offspring for life. Life isn't fair, in fact she can be pretty cruel at times!!

I highly doubt "the world is out to get your kid" or the "school is out to get him/her because they don't like him."

To recap - Charlie Parenting 101
School/teacher is always right
Kid is usually involved
Lets issue a fair punishment so this doesn't happen again
Tough break/learn from it
Love your kids

I got a book coming out. It should be picked up on Amazon once Konjo gets done with the proofread. Check it out!

Its titled - "AAU - The Mover's Guide to Getting Johnny A Free Ride." Get your copy today!! Makes a great stalking stuffer!!
Ok, where did the positive/negative ratings go? This should be a positive rate!!!! Well said!!!!
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

Does anyone know when Winter sports previews come out (Altoona Mirror, Tribune Democrat, Bedford Gazette)?
CRUSHER92
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRUSHER92 »

Altoona Mirror is in today