Heritage Conference Saltsburg has

Post by X3pointer »

Would the Heritage conference admit Saltsburg as a Charter School
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Heritage Conference Saltsburg has

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Why would they be a charter school? You know something no one else does? I’m kinda confused on why this question is being asked.
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hornets69 »

It is only a matter of time until the Blairsville majority closes Saltsburg. Saltsburg will does not want to be forced to go to Blairsville. I would look for them to try to open a charter school or the bulk of the students to do cyber school.
LoneRanger
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LoneRanger »

hornets69 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 7:24 am It is only a matter of time until the Blairsville majority closes Saltsburg. Saltsburg will does not want to be forced to go to Blairsville. I would look for them to try to open a charter school or the bulk of the students to do cyber school.
I agree with what you are saying in regards to some people not wanting to send their kids to B'ville. But what makes you think that the school board will sell the Saltsburg school campus to a private company and then open a charter there? Who has that kind of capital?
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

There are several buildings in the Saltsburg area That can be used for a Charter School Plus for sports they can Use the old high school gym for practice and rent Facilities from Kiski prep for games
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hornets69 »

Realistically they will get pennies on the dollar for what the saltsburg school complex is seriously worth if Blairsville Saltsburg school district goes up for sale. Realistically what kind of use would it have? Aside from a charter school the only other option i would see is maybe kiski prep buying it or working out a deal for it or to use it. Look what happened to laurel valley. How much did ligonier get for that?
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

I don’t Live in the Saltsburg school district But I have a relative who does and he tells me The building is not near paid for. As far as Kiski prep using it I hear their student enrollment is dropping. Maybe the best solution is for someone to Start a charter school, Then The students can go where they want ,to Blairsville or Stay I Saltsburg.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Speaking of Kiski Prep, did Kyle Silk transfer back to participate in their basketball playoffs?
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

X3pointer wrote: February 25th, 2020, 11:09 pm I don’t Live in the Saltsburg school district But I have a relative who does and he tells me The building is not near paid for. As far as Kiski prep using it I hear their student enrollment is dropping. Maybe the best solution is for someone to Start a charter school, Then The students can go where they want ,to Blairsville or Stay I Saltsburg.
Are you suggesting that the BSSD should allow a charter school to operate in the Saltsburg building? Believe me that won't happen!
LoneRanger
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LoneRanger »

Why would Kiski Prep have any interest in using the school? They have their own classrooms and would have to transport their kids there everyday.

Tubmill is correct. The school Board would NEVER allow a Charter School to be placed there.

Have you been to the old High school "gym". It is not a full court and is a joke since the wall is about 12 inches from the out of bounds line and we don't mention the 3.5 foot drop off the stage on the other side.

The BSSD still owes about 15-18 million on the Elementary school itself.

No Kyle did not transfer back for the playoffs. 🤔