Holy Hoopers

Hardwood chatter
JTMcMahonLV
Freshman
Freshman

Holy Hoopers

Post by JTMcMahonLV »

Just wanted to give a big shoutout to Carroll and Guilfoyle universities on their sweeps of A and AA in both boys and girls basketball. They are once again proving that these small colleges should not be competing with public schools. Anytime you want a D6 championship in the lower classifications you have to take the holy road (through Carroll, mccort, and Guilfoyle) to get there. It’s a shame that most of these small public schools know their fates in playoffs before they even play the games. I’m sure there will be a bunch more to compete with in the state playoffs as well, such a shame for public schools.
D6sportsfan8819
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Holy Hoopers

Post by D6sportsfan8819 »

Speaking for the bg games, if you watched them they weren’t foregone conclusions. They were great competitive games. Stop hating and making your snide comments about “universities”. It’s a tired old joke at this point.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

D6sportsfan8819 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 8:44 am Speaking for the bg games, if you watched them they weren’t foregone conclusions. They were great competitive games. Stop hating and making your snide comments about “universities”. It’s a tired old joke at this point.
Great competitive games until Portage lost by 20......

The only thing getting old is having A and AA schools playing private schools with kids from 4 or 5 school districts. Imagine your favorite college team only being able to recruit from the state it resides in and all their competition can recruit from the whole country. Would that be fair?
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Holy Hoopers

Post by ERAChamp »

What's still amazing to me, at least in BC's case this year is that the boys were just over .500 in the LHAC and the girls were below .500 yet they still make the playoffs. One, it shows how competitive the LHAC actually is and two, if you aren't over .500 in your conference, you shouldn't be eligible for post-season play. I remember a couple of years ago, a HORRIBLE BM team was 3-7 in football and made and went to the playoffs - just ridiculous!! And this isn't just a complaint about the privates - Richland girls had no business in being in the playoffs this year either as they were 6-12 in league play.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

CCDevil2012 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 9:18 am
D6sportsfan8819 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 8:44 am Speaking for the bg games, if you watched them they weren’t foregone conclusions. They were great competitive games. Stop hating and making your snide comments about “universities”. It’s a tired old joke at this point.
Great competitive games until Portage lost by 20......

The only thing getting old is having A and AA schools playing private schools with kids from 4 or 5 school districts. Imagine your favorite college team only being able to recruit from the state it resides in and all their competition can recruit from the whole country. Would that be fair?

Its funny. Chestnut Ridge for years couldn't get into a conference for football. Had some meeting where their administration invited all of us to their school for a meeting. Couldn't get in.

Bishop Carroll gets chucked out of one conference in the middle of the state. State Representatives get involved, attorneys get involved, and by the end of the month they are reinstated in most sports.

Yeah - Joe Public can't get in a conference for years and within a month heads are rolling.

What is tired and old, is the defense of this. And the "stop hating."

Average Joe rejoices when Joe Public knocks off a private or a charter. And that is never gonna change, get tired, or get old.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Public schools with bad records make the playoffs too....
D6sportsfan8819
Freshman
Freshman

Post by D6sportsfan8819 »

So the fact that portage made it a close game and ended up losing is the problem. Got it. Yep, the bg girls were sure a heck of a problem when Bellwood won district and state titles the last couple of years. Now that bg won it’s a problem again. I know nobody will be happy until public and private are separate. Until that happens we’ll keep having this same pointless argument. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs, I know I will.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The BG girls winning it all was an upset. They beat two teams better than they are. Unfortunate for them when they go on an impressive run, it’s immediately diminished.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

D6sportsfan8819 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 10:24 am So the fact that portage made it a close game and ended up losing is the problem. Got it. Yep, the bg girls were sure a heck of a problem when Bellwood won district and state titles the last couple of years. Now that bg won it’s a problem again. I know nobody will be happy until public and private are separate. Until that happens we’ll keep having this same pointless argument. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs, I know I will.
This is why people complain, perfect example. Acting like there is no advantage at all. Yet you’re the ones who are the first to complain when teams send out Girl’s in wrestling because, “that’s not fair”. Enjoy your playoff run
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

D6sportsfan8819 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 10:24 am So the fact that portage made it a close game and ended up losing is the problem. Got it. Yep, the bg girls were sure a heck of a problem when Bellwood won district and state titles the last couple of years. Now that bg won it’s a problem again. I know nobody will be happy until public and private are separate. Until that happens we’ll keep having this same pointless argument. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs, I know I will.
The problem isn’t BG beat Portage, it’s that we pretend BG and Portage are the same population demographic