State Champs

Hardwood chatter
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

State Champs

Post by footballfan1 »

Dist 5 and 6 could have been well represented this year at Hershey. Predictions who would have been there or could have won gold?

Berlin Boys?
Shanksville Girls?
Bellwood Girls or which team from Dist 6?
BG boys?

Richland boys won their first two state games?
Southern Fulton won their first two games also.

Projected winners from our area?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: State Champs

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I definitely think a local team wins girls AA. 4/8 teams left were from D6. Bellwood most likely, but the other three teams were also capable of doing it as well. With BG being in the Eastern bracket, an All D6 title was certainly possible.

I'm not sure if Cambria Heights or Tyrone would have made it in AAA, or Forest Hills in 4A. I think Cambria Heights would have had a decent chance.

On the boys side, I think Berlin and Bishop Carroll were on a collision course to meet in the Western Final. I think BG at minimum was going to the Western Final in AA, and would have had a great game with OLSH there. Richland was going to play a tough North Catholic team, I'm not sure they would have won that or not.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Yeah, this really stings. Our boys have never gotten this far and had a great chance to make the finals.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

There's next year. Sechler, Countryman, Spochart, Foor & Co. are all back, and will be even tougher! Good luck. Our girls are in the same shape and will be dropping to 3A next year.
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

PIAA must be in denial. Quit giving false hope to these teams that are left in the basketball championships. Just cancel them and let's move on. You can jack the price of tickets up next year to get your money back..
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

You can bet your azz they will.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

lgb87cape wrote: March 24th, 2020, 9:02 am PIAA must be in denial. Quit giving false hope to these teams that are left in the basketball championships. Just cancel them and let's move on. You can jack the price of tickets up next year to get your money back..
Why jump the gun? It's still March.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yea I don’t know why they think they are going to be able to play anytime soon. This season is shot.
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

Shanksville girls lost. All 3 district 5A girls teams (Shanksville, Tussey and Berlin)lost the last day games were played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

knowitall wrote:
lgb87cape wrote: March 24th, 2020, 9:02 am PIAA must be in denial. Quit giving false hope to these teams that are left in the basketball championships. Just cancel them and let's move on. You can jack the price of tickets up next year to get your money back..
Why jump the gun? It's still March.
I agree. These athletes deserve to have a chance if there is any window.

Nobody is doing anything right now in the state. What’s the difference if you keep suspending the seasons week by week, or just cancel? I say play it week by week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk