Richland Basketball

Hardwood chatter
wallpaper
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Richland Basketball

Post by wallpaper »

Whimpy
Did I hit a nerve? Sounds like you are related to him or maybe you are HIM.
No I never had a dog in the fight but I know for a FACT that this has happened. Like I said before Overrated!
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Not sure if WIPIAL is on the ground here in Cambria, Somerset, or Blair counties but Roman is no longer considered a top coach. This probably goes for a lot of coaches but either Roman had some really good talent when he first started coaching or he no longer has it as a coach. The only time his teams win is when they are overwhelmingly better then the opponent. Coaching for a long time doesn’t make you good at this exact moment. Sorry
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Wallpaper, really? You know for a FACT? Please provide some evidence. You won’t because as I said, it was your kid or someone close to you who you feel was wronged. Feel free to share it in a private message to me if you wish.

Sounds like we have two people here who never played the game or coached above the grade school level. More of the same nonsense from folks who have no clue.

I wonder who you’d consider to be a successful basketball coach in the region?

What would be the criteria you’d use to define a successful basketball coach?

Oh and by the way, coaching your own kid’s elementary team and and winning the OMOS 5th grade basketball league and the Richland 11/12 year old little league baseball championship in the same year doesn’t count, nor does it qualify you for Cambria County Sports HoF status. Go.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

LOL, if we are being honest and I’m not saying Roman is a bad guy but when was the last time he won anything? It’s over a decade I believe. Those are not opinions those are facts.

Also this year for example all you hear is westmont returns 4 starters and is favored in the LHAC which I might add is not very good this year and they lose to Forest Hills? FH only win I believe, sorry that’s coaching my friend. I been hearing it for several years now. He wouldn’t be in my top 5 coaches in the LHAC and wouldn’t be top 10 if you add in all local conferences.
wallpaper
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by wallpaper »

Whippy

Be careful how you criticize people for lack of coaching when you do not know anything about them.
Yes I have coaching experience both in high school and college. I would like to privately discuss this further. How can I reach you.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

What are the Dave Roman Jr. Coaching stats??? What is his career record? I dont necessarily believe that winning is all that matters in h.s. I'm just curious as to his record. And his dad is a great shooting coach for sure. He could stroke it and teach it!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Jimjohn81 wrote: February 11th, 2021, 8:25 pm What are the Dave Roman Jr. Coaching stats??? What is his career record? I dont necessarily believe that winning is all that matters in h.s. I'm just curious as to his record. And his dad is a great shooting coach for sure. He could stroke it and teach it!
347-213 and Five District titles prior to the start of this season according to the Tribune-Democrat.

Dave is a good guy and a good coach. I've never gotten the sense he's been looking for other jobs other than Westmont.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Wallpaper, use the private message feature and I’ll be happy to communicate privately with you.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown