Any Monday scores?

Hardwood chatter
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Any Monday scores?

Post by Manfred »

How about some? There were a few games last nt., and since there is no Tues. paper, and neither local TV station covers much of the action anymore........that Windber @ Portage would have been newsworthy.
It ain't over until it's over.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Any Monday scores?

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

According to Portage Twitter, Portage boys defeated Windber 69-65.
https://twitter.com/portagestangs?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

The score they reported was correct. The news was there but I didn’t recognize him. Not sure if it was Johnstown, Altoona, or even maybe someone from Indiana county.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Manfred wrote: January 17th, 2023, 7:55 am How about some? There were a few games last nt., and since there is no Tues. paper, and neither local TV station covers much of the action anymore........that Windber @ Portage would have been newsworthy.
Yeah, the local coverage has become a joke. Neither news stations cover local sports anymore, except football. I know WJAC currently has no sports anchor, I am not sure they even have a sports department anymore. With the Johnstown paper not publishing Tuesday or Sunday & the Altoona paper only covering teams over there, local teams get VERY limited coverage, which is a shame.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote: January 17th, 2023, 11:10 am The score they reported was correct. The news was there but I didn’t recognize him. Not sure if it was Johnstown, Altoona, or even maybe someone from Indiana county.
I assure you it wasn't anyone from Indiana County. They can't afford to send a writer out to watch a team in Indiana County. I would think local sports is something that would help get people to buy your newspaper and get people to watch your news station. Unfortunately the people that run these medias don't seem to think that is the case. Sports coverage has been cut out everywhere to "save money"
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

ChrisKentRam wrote: January 17th, 2023, 1:54 pm
GoldenRamsFAN wrote: January 17th, 2023, 11:10 am The score they reported was correct. The news was there but I didn’t recognize him. Not sure if it was Johnstown, Altoona, or even maybe someone from Indiana county.
I assure you it wasn't anyone from Indiana County. They can't afford to send a writer out to watch a team in Indiana County. I would think local sports is something that would help get people to buy your newspaper and get people to watch your news station. Unfortunately the people that run these medias don't seem to think that is the case. Sports coverage has been cut out everywhere to "save money"
Well with portage playing mostly Indiana County teams it wouldn’t be hard to believe it. And I didn’t see anything on our local channels.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

The Mirror had someone there as there was a write up in todays paper. Portage OT win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Hey, we MUST have the weather report 3 times in that half hr. slot.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Some interesting games this week, like PC @ BGU, Portage @ FH among others.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

Penn Cambria took it on the chin tonight at BG. The Panthers were playing without Garrett Harrold.
Pat Haight broke the all-time BG scoring record.