NBC Girls Basketball

Hardwood chatter
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

wow really he didnt show up for practice?? Wow that is not good that really happened last year??
Sto
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Sto »

That is correct, I have a source from within the team. Now don't get me wrong though, some of the things I stated may have sounded like I wanted to burn everything that J brumbaugh has ever stepped on. i apologize. I just believe when you are given the opportunity coach a sport, you ned to coach it. Thats all. I will be rooting for my team this year.
"Guitar man playin' all night long, Take me back to where the music hit me, Life was good and love was easy"-Montgomery Gentry
NbCwReStLeR007
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by NbCwReStLeR007 »

Joe Brumbaugh, In my personal opinion....will be a great coach someday.....if you let him adjust to the pace of the woman's game.....Brumbaugh certainly knows his stuff when it comes to Basketball......Ok Sto if he wasn't attending practices, that may have been his fault for not knowing everything about each individual player.....the team had talent, yes......and he had a decent team......but, I agree his team could have been better..... he also didn't know who was decent.......so I think with time Mr. Brumbaugh will be a good coach.....let him watch Brittany Bowser, Brittany Beach, Laura Beach and Danis Kilgore come up through J. high and into varsity.......That is when Coach B will have a great team....
Panther Baseball #40
P_E_P_84
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by P_E_P_84 »

last year the grrls gave up in the playoff game vs. so. fulton. a great disappointment to a lot of people. i heard some gave up because love was not coaching. dumb decision i think :roll:
Be nice to the geeks in your life
odds are you're going to be working for one
Sto
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Sto »

PantherJhighLB2007 wrote:let him watch Brittany Bowser, Brittany Beach, Laura Beach and Danis Kilgore come up through J. high and into varsity.......That is when Coach B will have a great team....
Very good point, I do agree with you on that, as long as Brumbaugh gets rid of some of his habits.
"Guitar man playin' all night long, Take me back to where the music hit me, Life was good and love was easy"-Montgomery Gentry
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

There was undoubtedly a problem with Coach Love's daughter being on the team and harboring bad feelings toward Coach Brum during the season and it put the rest of the squad in a bad position. Should they be loyal to a teammate/classmate or their leader/head coach? They didn't buy into his style but there were a lot of developmental problems with that group. In many cases they were better athletes but not better basketball players than they were when they were in 7th grade!! There was little to no player development from this perspective with that group since elementary when they loked like they would be world beaters. They also lost the likes of Holsinger and Morrison along the way and had no depth! Head coach skipping practice??? huh??? Why wasn't it ever reported to the administration at NB??
BCLfan
Freshman
Freshman

Lighten Up Sto

Post by BCLfan »

I know how we could solve the problem. Fire Brumbaugh and let Mike Barton coach the team.
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

Obviously that is why this is called bleacher coaches forum. Everyone has an opinion. Again that is why is called bleacher coaches. It is funny to read some of these posts. Everyone I think thinks coaching is easy. Why didnt the coach do this or do that. U dont agree with his style philosophies that is fine. COahc brumbaugh got hired to teach Elem phys and they asked him to coach the girls team. SO he did it the way he saw fit. He didnt ask for JRs job the adminstration hired him to do it. He did it to the best of his ability. I thought he did a good job. But bottom line is this is bleacher coaches and alot of you will not be in a position to be a head coach or a coach. It is easy to sit in the stands and formulate opinions about coaches. Coaching, the way i look at it as a spectator, is not easy. It is easy to crucify a coach though as a spectator
Freddy C
Senior
Senior

Post by Freddy C »

Very nice post noname. I completely back you and agree with you on this one.
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

FC i thought u always agreed with me LOL