NBC Girls Basketball

Hardwood chatter
Sto
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

NBC Girls Basketball

Post by Sto »

Watch out this year for the NBC girls. Actually, with all due respect, I don't see much coming from this season. Look for Kristi Barton to lead the Panthers in scoring this year, a possible Bedford County All-Star. Joining Barton will be a new comer to varsity basketball, studly soccer girl Britta Snowberger. With Sheena Smith like speed, she could be very deadly this year. The teams downfall this year will not be a lack of talent, height, or experience, but Coaching. A one coach Joe Brumbaugh, who took over the head coaching position last season thinks he is running the show. Unfortunatley, he doesnt know Jack-diggity crap about girls basketball. I'm still voting for the return of J.R. Love, who actually knew what the hell he was doing. Its a real shame too.
Soccergrrl
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Soccergrrl »

Losing Shawna and Sheena in one year really hurt the NB girls Basketball. They were the two better players on the team and lead 99% of the time in scoring. Sheena could play awesome defense. This years girls just need to step up to fill the shoes of the girls they lost. I heard a few of the girls talking about having a previous assistant coach come back and help out this year since mammas boy Mr. Brumbaugh doesn't know how to coach a girls team. I think they paranoy him :roll:
NbCwReStLeR007
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by NbCwReStLeR007 »

One word.............Mooooooooooooooose!
Panther Baseball #40
P_E_P_84
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by P_E_P_84 »

mr. b deserves more credit then is at hand. i think he knows more basketball then it appears, maybe he's just not good at coaching it. he took a team from the slums of pittsburgh to play in a league more in the upper side of the city.....they blew everyone away. this could be just from the utter street talent but it also was some good coaching. he taught the kids teamwork and respect. maybe he just needs to get to know NB a little more. let's wait and see.
Be nice to the geeks in your life
odds are you're going to be working for one
Sto
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Sto »

It's not that he doesnt have the ability to coach, or the knowledge. He just doesnt know how things work on a womens basketball team. I don't believe he understands the pace of a womens game. First he needs to understand womens basketball, then he will know how to win with a womens team.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Dave Adams=best basketball coach I ever saw

FUNDAMENTALS and REPITITION made his teams good.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
P_E_P_84
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by P_E_P_84 »

i second that on Adams, he's a great coach and he definately knows what he's talking about when it comes to sports and weight training. too bad he's not coaching at the high school level anymore.
Sideling Hill Fan
Junior
Junior

Post by Sideling Hill Fan »

The first post in this thread makes me vomit. Coach is correct, Dave Adams got more out of girls basketball teams in the SHL/Bed. Co. Leagues than anybody ever has. However his style wasn't apparently "conducive" to the wishes of the school district. Now after 3 years of being the laughing stock of the league (How many close league games were ever won???) In which I've heard many of the SHL girls coaches publicly joke about playing NB they get another coach with a more hardline stance. The girls have softened and they can't take it but they'll just have to adjust. I knew Joe Brumbaugh when he was an Assistant at Forest Hills and coached a team that went deep into the "AA" Boys State Playoffs. He knows what he's doing and where he wants to take the program but will he be able to avoid all the interference that's been all too evident in many girls programs at many of our leagues schools recently. Only my opinion but I think NB's new coach with another year or two of experience will be able to strategize with the Sue Conner's and Sam Slick's of the area.
P_E_P_84
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by P_E_P_84 »

good post SHF, i didn't hear of coach b's reputation at FH but it doesn't surprise me. i agree on giving it a year or two to get his style of basketball to sink in to some of the grrls.
Sto
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Sto »

The team last year was as good as any team that are school has seen. The change of coaching has the biggest effect on the season. The relationship JR had with that group was unbelievable, which included his own daughter. When JR left, the season went with him. And back to Brumbaugh, I don't know him personally, but I know his coaching style, I went to enough games last year and summer league games to realize, he doesnt actually coach anyway. It's like a bunch of ants without a queen. If he were a real coach, he would find some leadership on the court. Instead I find him on the other bench, completley oblivious to whatever the hell is going on in the game. Also, I've many of complaints when he just doesnt show up at practice. What kind of coach is that. There is no excuse. If your going to coach a sport you have got to coach that sport.