Post by kohlslaw5 »

tussey and bedford will definitely be the teams to beat this year
[marq=up]Image[/marq]

I am CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
Lemmy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lemmy »

Bedford will be very athletic and good this year. LHAC will also be very good this year. Johnstown will be tough. Central will also be athletic and make some noise.

Everett will have a good team this year. If I were going to build a basketball team around one player in the county, it would be Adam Miller.

Ridge will be better than last year. Barefoot will score a lot of points. Has better players around him than last year.

Tussey has two good players. Many role players who will play hard. Coach Bailey will have them playing hard every night.

U of H, not a good situation. Who will be coaching them.

Claysburg has some horses this year. Ty Swindell may be the best big man in the area. Hurting at the point guard position.

Panthers will struglle early in the year due to lack of experience. Pace of the game will be a shock early in the year. Will be better at the end of the year.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. Pre
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

I thought Bailey was done coaching at Tussey?
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

I think the real question about the Tussey/Bedford game is will Largeman get beat up in Saxton if he performs his usual???

If I was a betting man....
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

I believe Bailey retired from teaching but is still coaching. I may not even be correct on that...
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

My take...

Bedford has the talent to win D5. N.Star will be their biggest hurdle with Shubik coming back. Windber will be good, but this might be the weakest Windber team in quite some time. Still, they are a threat and should win 16+ games. Twp. and Meyersdale will also have winning records from that end in "AA".

Back to Bedford...they will miss the big guy more than they realize but still have oodles of athleticism.

Everett is my SHL favorite and could be a third threat to win D5. Big early season test would be the possible Tip-Off Tourney final vs Bedford. That might give an indication of how close these two county powers are. I agree with someone on here that Adam Miller, not Harris or Barefoot, would be the guy I would want to build a team around. He is the consumate team player in my opinion. They have a bunch of athletes as well but size could be their downfall although Garland and Clingerman will play bigger than their stature inside.

Tussey still has Bailey...retired from teaching but still coaching and although their talent level is a little off expect them to play hard and tough as always and have a winning season. It will still be difficult to win in Saxton, trust me. The titans are a darkhorse in the SHL with S.Fulton looking to be the chief threat to Everett.

Hyndman....who knows.

N.Bedford....very young and will improve during the season but, so will everyone else. They'll be hardpressed for wins but should be competitive especially from January on.

C.Ridge....Barefoot does have a better supporting cast but with Bedford and Everett better than a year ago and Tussey still tough, they will have trouble winning more than half their county games. They should be a top half team in the SHL, I would predict a 4th place finish for the Lions there, a .500+ record and a "AA" playoff bid this year.
nobody
Freshman
Freshman

Post by nobody »

Any previews for girls basketball?
playbookboy06
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by playbookboy06 »

I dissagree thinking bedford will miss the big man(turk). I can only name 1 game last year that he actually made his presense known. The rest of the games, and the practices the big guy was a virus. He poor attitude toward work ethic and the coaching weighed the team down more than he helped.

I also think of the game up at central cambria when turk's man scored in the last seconds to win the game. Turk flat out let his man score and cost us the game.
Root, Root, Root for the home team
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

What about the 4 other players that allowed the game to be so close until the very end??
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
playbookboy06
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by playbookboy06 »

I guess you wouldnt understand unless you were there roadie. Bedford was down and they made a tremedous score to go up one with like 7 seconds left. CC was able to dribble down and make a pass from the top of the key to the man turk was suppose to be guarding. His man got the ball, took one step and had an easy lay-up. Its not like his guy made unbelievable play, he was just wide open.
Root, Root, Root for the home team