Hardwood chatter
fmchick
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: District 5 Playoffs

Post by fmchick »

sf over fm
50-35 i believe
hard faught game...sf has an all around good ball club.......
pennstatefootballfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by pennstatefootballfan »

yep! looks like they brought their bad game faces! nerves?
hardball21
Junior
Junior

Post by hardball21 »

Southern Fulton played a nice ball game last night, congrats to them and good luck the rest of the way. The boys from F-M played hard. They have built a quality program and will be a major player in the league and districts the next couple years. Congrats to the coaches and players on a great season of F-M baseketball.
bball22
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bball22 »

Nothing against F-M but winning at S.Fulton is a tough thing to do in the 1st round of the playoffs. It just doesnt happen very often. They had a good year none the less.

Did anyone hear anything about the McConnellsburg-Shanksville game. I heard rumor about either the clock not starting right away...or the kid from Shanksville not getting the shot off soon enough. Anyone at the game that could fill me in?

On to the semi's. Shanksville-Shade should be a great high school basketball game. I think Shade will win a very close and hard fought game. Maybe something like 55-51. Although Shanksville might just be cocky enough to pull this one out.

As for the S.Fulton-Township I am not sure. I know that Township is a good team and when Kevin Byer gets going they are tough to beat. Does S.Fulton have anyone that can shut down Byer? If they do I think S.Fulton has a chance in this one.
pennstatefootballfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

from what i heard the clock didnt start and i believe Shnksville had an unfair advantage(the clock thing) and won the game??? thats just what i heard!
fmchick
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by fmchick »

mccbg got a foul shot with , i think , 5 or 6 seconds left....score was 37-35 ....mccbg missed the first shot made the second but mccbgs shooter was called for stepping over the line....shanksville ball.....
mccbg knocked the ball out of bounds at about 2 seconds...shanksville ball again....then they got the shot right at the regulation buzzer to tie it up.....mccbg questioned the shot saying that the buzzer already stopped before the ball wennt in...anyway it went into overtime and i am pretty sure shanksville never lead the game untill 3 mins left in overtime
final score 49-45 shanksville
pennstatefootballfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

thanks... like i sed i heard that and i cant rele trust my source!!!! lol !