Westmont Hilltop at Bedford

Shoot the half!!!
thechosenone
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Westmont Hilltop at Bedford

Post by thechosenone »

who's the sportsfan is this person a college recuiter or is he someone so full of himself he has to let everyone know he knows a little bit about wrestling???
idmack
Freshman
Freshman

Post by idmack »

thechosenone wrote:who's the sportsfan is this person a college recuiter or is he someone so full of himself he has to let everyone know he knows a little bit about wrestling???
He just sounds like a guy that is passionate about wrestling. :twisted:
thesportsfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by thesportsfan »

Someone with a username "thechosenone" sounds like he is full of himself and maybe something else.
thechosenone
Freshman
Freshman

Post by thechosenone »

that would be a great response if i didn't see your username 50 times a day you have to much time on your hands get a job
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

Hey "UNchosenone" Get back to class. High school kids are not allowed to post on here.
idmack
Freshman
Freshman

Post by idmack »

[quote="thechosenone"]that would be a great response if i didn't see your username 50 times a day you have to much time on your hands get a job[/quote

<scratches head wondering why somebody would even care how many times somebody posts in a public forum>
X-MAN
Junior
Junior

Post by X-MAN »

How about we both grow up, if you are a 36 year old man or a 17 year old. I love how a great topic with good pertinant info can be wrecked with two people not being able to be mature and swallowing thier pride, or what have you.

I watched Bedford in action against Northern Bedford. From 140-152, NBC was winning all 3 of them. Bedford worked back and won all three though, not knocking NBC, but I think that showed two things in Bedford's favor, Heart and the willingness not to give up. Gibbons went down 0-5 on a quality troutman kid and then came back and handled him. Granted Bedford handled NBC, but somethings worry me about putting the gold around thier necks just yet. Krupa, crisp upperweight, he's no Tate or Neese from the yesteryears, but he's adequate for the title he has been given. He about got taken down by a freshman in Quinten "NesQuick" Hixson, he needs to fine tune a few things and wrestle every match full heartedly. Shippey is a man child, looking bigger than ever, but he needs to open up a little bit. The lightweights through Cook, Easter and all them speak for themselves...dang good.

Bennett should walk through, hop through or heck, even skip through states, he's in a league of his own.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

I don't think we should put the gold around Bedford's neck yet either. But they are impressive. I think at this point you would consider it a disapointment if they don't finish with a state medal though.

They have a few holes in the lineup but have been able to move people around enough to overcome that thus far. example= Cook who will end up at 125 moving up to 135 to wrestle and beat a good westmont boy the other night. Hocker who can wrestle at 160 going up to 189 most of the season to help the team at his own expense at times.

As I stated before Brett's injury is a major concern! He is a state caliber kid when healthy and they have noone even close to being able to replace him if he can't go.

X-Man you are right Shippey needs to open up. I have no doubt he is one of the better 215 pounders in the state. But he seems to wrestle tight against the better kids.

Krupa might be the most dominate Bison. One almost takedown doesn't mean much to me. Kolat got taken down by a kid from CR one time. Krupa is extremely powerful and a very athletic HWT. His match the other night I saw him throw a 280 pd. HWT like I've never seen before. Also take into account the HWT. division is not real tough this year. He has a great shot at placing very high on the medal stand.

I do agree there are not the HWT. like we used to see. But Krupa would do ok against those guys. He just doesn't have anyone in the area at his level right now.

How about some of these names at HWT. that we saw at the Thomas tourney all within a few years.

Baker = Bedford 2nd state
Kehler= Tri Valley State champ?
Haagans= Somerset was a beast
Cole= CR good HWT
Sweeny= Beth Center= state placewinner
Bennett= Fort Cherry= State placewinner
Petrunak= FH very good

A bunch of those wrestled at the same time in The Thomas Chevrolet
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Wasn't that SavDoval kid a heavyweight at the Thomas Tourney a few years ago?

Left-eye is this Bedford team as good as the one you wrestled on?
"I'm your huckleberry"
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Well, We didn't have the chance to wrestle a team postseason as this one does. So it will be a hard question to answer. But I'll try.

This team looks like it will have 2 straight undefeated seasons as the 97-98 team did.

This team currently has 3 people that have qualified for states and 1 placewinner.

Cook (8th)
Easter- didn't place
Krupa- didn't place

But they have that tournament to come yet. So I am sure they will add to that soon.

The 97-98 team I believe sent 7 different wrestlers to states in that 2 year period. At that time only top 6 placed.

Musselman- 4 time qualifier, would have placed top 8 twice.
Ibarra- 3 time qualifier, (5th)
Ziegler- 3 times (5th,2nd)
Horne- qualifier might have one matches
Gould- qualifier, top 8
Koontz- Qualifier
Baker- 2 times (2nd)

I think my info is all correct. But not sure 100% Lots of the strengths would have been at the same weights. Would have been a fun match to watch.