Cetral paying off refs again?

Shoot the half!!!
trojans17
Freshman
Freshman

Cetral paying off refs again?

Post by trojans17 »

Centrals refs tended to slap the mat pretty quick for them and pretty slow for us? Not saying it would have made a difference but is it true? Has anyone else seen this?
SteveMerkle
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Cetral paying off refs again?

Post by SteveMerkle »

Hahaha this is hilarious. Which matches, specifically, did you think that pins were given too quickly?

Central certainly isn't the wealthiest school around here, especially when it comes to funding for the wrestling program... All matches (both Central and Mount Union victories) looked pretty legitimate to me.
pas2326100
Junior
Junior

Post by pas2326100 »

The referees were appointed by the D6 committee. The schools had absolutely no say in who they had last night.
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

I don't think the refs did to bad of a job. When they called a pin the kids shoulders were definitely down. As spectators we don't always see it like they do on the mat. They definitely wasn't calling those Bernie Chatman split second pins. I think they could of been a little more strict with the stalling that was going on. The forest Hills match with Boozel and Law was bull. Law stalled from the top the entire period. Forest Hills definitely came to wrestle. They had the mind set they weren't giving up to many bonus points and they didn't. Those M.U boys worked for their points. I think that kinda hurt them in the second match. Couple of those boys were really tired out for their second match. I'm not saying they would of won but I think there would of been less pins. Good luck to central. Get the right match ups and they can beat Huntingdon. IF Huntingdon makes it that far.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

After reading the post I figured I'd make my response phonicly.
That's a$$-a-9 !!!!!
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

trojans17 wrote:Centrals refs tended to slap the mat pretty quick for them and pretty slow for us? Not saying it would have made a difference but is it true? Has anyone else seen this?
Aside from the other responses, how does again fit into the story?
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Don't get put on your back.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Of course they did. The hosting school always hands the checks to the officials. How else would they get paid for their services? Direct deposit? LMAO on this one.
It ain't over until it's over.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

^^^^lmao
You play to win the game!!!
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Why is it when a team loses the first thought is to blame the officials? No doubt that officials in all sports blow calls. Try seeing it from both sides.

Trojan17, if you truly thought that officiating didn't matter in the outcome, why did you post?